Skip to content
Maintankadin

Question about Defense

Lotuseater
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Question about Defense

I'm new to theory-crafting, so please bear with me.

At level 80, my defense is at 496. When I mouse over it, it reads "Defense 496 (400+96)". I'm assumed that the +96 was coming from my gear, but when I added it all up, my gear has a total of +453 defense rating. What am I missing?

Thank you, and please forgive my noobish-ness.
Levantine
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:14 pm
Defense Skill <> Defense Rating

Divide your Defense Rating by ~4.9 iirc to get the Defense Skill your gear is giving you.
_________________
Levantine: 80 Frost [27k HP, 27k Armor, 544 Def]
Anzen: 30 Elemental [Resto in the making]
Kethion
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:42 pm
Can't hurt to add: You need a total of 689 Defense rating to get the 540 minimum.
_________________