Skip to content
Maintankadin

Righteous Defense "broken"?

Gamingdevil
Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Righteous Defense "broken"?

Just did a heroic and I noticed Righteous Defense seemed to have reverted to it's old behaviour where you had to target ToT yourself, rather than it being done automatically.

Anyone else noticed this?
Shoju
Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

I didn't see that behavior, but I will be honest, I haven't tanked much of import, and the RF might not have workd, and I might not have noticed.
Gamingdevil
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

Never mind, it appears to be working fine now.
econ21
Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

It seems erratic to me - sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I wonder if it is because RD depends on distance between you and the party member who has aggro? You may be in range of the mob, but can't taunt it with RD if you are out of range of its target. Just thinking out loud, because that used to be an issue for me taunting Alar's adds when we did not have Hand of Reckoning.
Palisade
Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

RD is definitely erratic in functionality.

Also, I've noticed that the mouse over macro for HoReck and RD, which I got from EJ, does not seem to be working.

The new blizz party and raid UI seems to not accept mouseover macros. I've double checked my macro coding and they appear to be type right, and I'm getting tooltips to show up. But they will not work in combat.

I was able to use a mouse over macro for Hand of Protection, but only out of combat.
2Cute2BeStr8
Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

I noticed this yesterday on VDW trash. I was like SERIOUSLY it just literally wasn't working. Most of the time it worked fine, and I never had any missed taunts or anything like that since its based off of physical hit.
makiwara
Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

Any update/confirmation on this? I've been noticing some erratic activity with it as well.
Xkonvikt
Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

Yea, I have noticed erratic behavior too. To the point where it seems I am newb tank. :?
theothersteve7
Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

It may be something with your UI. I was having trouble until I realized I had made a transition from Grid + Clique to Vuhdo, so I can't use my standard Clique setup on my target and focus unit frames. It didn't take me long to adjust to simply using raid frames.

Of course, if you're just targeting the mob and hitting the button, yeah, something's wrong.
Xkonvikt
Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

I am actually using taunt master as an add-on. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But, to have an add-on that lets me know when anyone other then myself is gaining aggro is priceless IMO. I keep the damn thing nearly on top of my avatar, along with my CD action bar. I just wish it would work properly. Maybe someone could take a look at it's LUA and maybe help with a hotfix? I am haven't gotten into being able to read code. Thanks in advance.
Epimer
Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

Xkonvikt wrote:I am actually using taunt master as an add-on. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But, to have an add-on that lets me know when anyone other then myself is gaining aggro is priceless IMO. I keep the damn thing nearly on top of my avatar, along with my CD action bar. I just wish it would work properly. Maybe someone could take a look at it's LUA and maybe help with a hotfix? I am haven't gotten into being able to read code. Thanks in advance.


Taunt Master doesn't work consistently because it's a downright stupid add-on by design. A click-casting add-on for RD use and a decent name plate add-on (e.g Tidy Plates with a theme of your choosing) will let you identify quickly what you don't have aggro on and to get them back ASAP.
Raive
Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

Haven't noticed any problems, though it could be because I still use the old macro

Code: Select all
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense
Doxa
Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

I've felt like I've been having issues with RD for awhile now but haven't really ever thought much of it until I saw this thread. I always just hit HoR immediately afterwards or ShoR to get the target back.

However... last night I intentionally tested this and confirm that it is buggy for me. Multiple times Ret DPS pulled off me and I intentionally let it sit for a moment then hit RD and it simply does nothing at all.

No mouseover macro / clique involved. Just plain targeted the mob. This makes me wonder if it's back to the old "Target the player, not the mob" thing.
theothersteve7
Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

I'm targeting the player when I use it and I haven't noticed a problem. So the issue (assuming it does exist, which seems reasonable at this point) is indeed limited to targeting the mob with the taunt.
theckhd
Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Righteous Defense "broken"?

I actually got a "resist" message for RD last night in a heroic, according to RSA. I assumed that it was an addon bug.

More pertinent to this conversation, keep in mind that many mobs cast spells now, and may switch to a random target or drop target entirely. This is bad for Righteous Defense, as using it on the mob will transfer the RD cast to the current target, which may not be the highest person on the aggro table.