New tank learning the ropes (or hoping to) in Cata instances (reg and heroic).
Ran a few this morning and found that I am pretty solid on single target pulls, no issues with threat or anything.
Where I struggled was the far more common multi-target pulls, trying to hold aggro on multiple mobs, and the associated issues with CC'ed mobs.
Few noob questions for the field:
1. What's the best way to learn WHICH mobs should get CC'ed? Just experience?
2. Are there things I should know about pulling after CC? If I toss in an AS, is that sufficient? Will I break CC? Or should I be single-target pulling and then trying to grab threat on the others that follow?
2. How are other maintankadins "taunting" mobs that go astray? I use Vuhdo on my healer so I put Righteous Defense as a click cast to toss on a party member who has pulled aggro. I have Hand of Reckoning on another click cast, but that'll take some getting used to (not accustomed to targetting mobs, having spent all my time healing and targetting party members). Do people generally target stray mobs by clicking on them on screen, or in your UI? Run over and whack on them for awhile? In other words, do you focus on the screen, or on party frames, or on the Omen screen, or what?
Thanks in advance, sorry for noobness.
-Daz
Dazarol
Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 pm
