Skip to content
Maintankadin

Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

knaughty
Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:20 am

Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

Q: ZOMG! 4.2! WTF do I do?

A: Ask Theck!
knaughty
Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 am

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

To be less flippant:

  1. I'm not longer a hard-core raider - baby #2 put paid to that. My guild is still hard-core - they're 10/13, working on the last couple of hard modes. But I'm not longer raiding outside a semi-casual 10-man one night a week. I've tanked a couple of hard modes when the 25-man hard core "main raid" was desperate for people, but I'm not a hard-core tank anymore (though I miss it). The personal goal for my "Geriatric" team was 12/12 10-man normal modes, and we hit it.
  2. Theck pretty much covers everything you need to know nowadays. When I started writing my FAQs back at level 70 there wasn't a one-stop shop for tankadin advice (Psiven went close) and being a maintankadin was extraordinary enough that hard-core "We goddamn can tank shit, here's how and tell the doubters to STFU!" style advice as required. Two expansions later, we're just another tanking class - we don't need a massively biased advocate.
  3. I have less time to work on the writing these days. See (1) - I've had to retire from hard-core raiding, which limits the experience I have of hard-mode content and also the time I have to pontificate on how to tank it.

Thus: When 4.2 hits, can I get a mod to de-sticky my 4.0 FAQ thread.

It's been a blast, and I'll miss having a #1 Google hit to call my own.

But clearly the student has surpassed the master: Theck's Emberseal
theckhd
Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

/salute

I'll de-sticky the Advanced FAQ; I know we had planned on working on it together, but neither of us were able to find the time around our other commitments.

I still think there's merit in having a Basic FAQ that's updated. If you think you'll have the time for that, great. If not, hopefully someone else will be willing to take it over.
fuzzygeek
Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

I shall miss Knaughty's particular idiom and verve.
Calleana
Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

The Basic FAQ has always been where I have pointed myself on patch day and other tanks I come across who may be struggling. Sad to hear you won't be maintaining it Knaughty but thanks for all the work you have done.
Arcand
Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

If you don't mind, Knaughty, I'll leave it up as a basic guide and
we'll note that it's only current up to 4.1.
knaughty
Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

That's fine.

I'm slightly tempted to update it, I must admit...
Haztank
Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:56 am

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

You're an absolute hero to new and aspiring tankadins the world over /salute
Asterial
Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

A big THANKYOU for your work. I've been using the advice found here since I started my Protadin in Burning Crusade. You've helped me through heroics and raids alike.

The doubters we're silenced!!!!
Zeruvar
Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:46 am

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

Sad to see you go knaughty. That comment about back in 70 when we had to prove to everyone that "Yes! Im a pally MT!!!" brought a smile to my face. Everytime i came back to play wow, your guides is always top of my list to check out first.
Syl
Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 am

Re: Knaughty's 4.2 Tankadin FAQ!

I've been a reader of this site for years and finally decided I'd register to extend my thanks, Knaughty. Your work was what inspired me to roll a tankadin in BC. You've been my go to resource for as long as I've played my paladin. Your posts were the first places I went whenever I needed to figure out what was what and they were always fun to read and easy to understand.

You helped me (and a great many others) through dungeons and raids, patches and expansions. I cannot express how grateful I am for all the hard work you've done.

Thank you so much, Knaughty.

The paladin community owes you a great debt.

/salute