Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Adelbert
Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

So this is a big begginer's guide, but it aways bugged me..

Is it really viable to put 2 points on Hallowed ground and be a consecrate tank? I mean, do we really need all that threat? Or are there better ways to spend those 2 points?

Also, what you guys think about glyph of consecration?

Thanks!
fuzzygeek
Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Depends on what you're tanking, but I personally cast consecration maybe a dozen times a week. Not worth it.
darthsuo
Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Agree. Glyph of Consecration and Hallowed Ground are both wasted, even if you need to aoe tank often.
dirtypally
Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

im the overkill tank that loves seeing damage all around me. You have to use it smartly especially when cc is around. Kite them back especially is using HotR, gotta love that AOE. I do all the bad things and I love it, I'm not doing raiding and dont really care to either. So I use the SotR instead of WoG and I use Hallowed ground and I might have the glyph i dont really care. I play the game to play, not to be stressed out.
knaughty
Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Adelbert wrote:Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?


Nope.
Flex
Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Someone mentioned this a while back.

But on a fight where you need snap and sustained AOE threat 1 point in Hallowed Ground basically allows you to push back using a GCD on judgement for mana regen.
masterpoobaa
Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:49 am

Re: Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Yes and No.

While leveling as prot, the glyph is very useful - for a limited number of levels.
From when you get it at 22, to when you get HotR at 29.
Consecrate is the first true AoE ability you get and increasing its duration helps a lot.
Once you have HotR though its a bit academic, either run consecrate glyph or holy wrath.

Putting points into hallowed ground isn't really necessary while leveling, the mana cost of consecrate isn't too bad.

At 85: No to the glyph, Sometimes yes to the talent.
I do use Consecrate and 1 point in Hallowed ground while running heroics. Find it handy at times to keep adds better glued to me when I have close to 0% vengeance. Also good for mass AoE farming, but thats about it.