Skip to content
Maintankadin

Old Burning Crusade Guides

Igrado
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Old Burning Crusade Guides

Hello all,

I'm a player from a by-gone era. I am currently re-joining the fray on a private server that is 2.4.3 (Burning Crusade). I was wondering if anyone has links on file for the great guides and such we had back in TBC. It's been a while, I've forgotten a lot of it, and unfortunately I didn't keep the links. I'm going to search through the old forums by hand if need be, but if anyone has the old links on file I would appreciate it - it would save me a ton of time.

Thanks,
Gab
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Not sure about mechanics guides but if you're talking about boss strats you could try the "Classic Strat Archive" forums.

viewforum.php?f=35

Edit: A quick search found me Winchester's 101 might be a good start/refresher.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3637
Igrado
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Thanks Gab, that second one you found is spot on. I also went to HonorsHammer's blog. I'm sifting through old posts, which is easier because they are tagged. I found several tagged for Gear, including this one, that will help me going through Outlands, which is where I want to be gearing up and getting used to tanking TBC style.

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/search/l ... date=false

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163

Thanks again for your help.
Thels
Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:36 am

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Hmm, I wrote a big list with gear and all, and posted it on this board as well. I remember seeing it a few months ago, but now I can no longer find it. :(
Igrado
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Thels wrote:Hmm, I wrote a big list with gear and all, and posted it on this board as well. I remember seeing it a few months ago, but now I can no longer find it. :(


I found a small list you made of some pre-Heroic upgrades here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=700&hilit=gear
Thels
Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

That's just a few random items. I actually had a complete list and now it annoys me that I can no longer find it. :(
Barathorn
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Thels wrote:That's just a few random items. I actually had a complete list and now it annoys me that I can no longer find it. :(


This list?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=163

Hope that helps, sorry for the necro.
Thels
Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

That wasn't it. I actually was looking for a guide I wrote myself.

Nonetheless, your link should help Igrado out :)
Barathorn
Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 am

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Which guide was it Thels, I have most of them archived? Zoe's Guide to being a Tankadin?
Igrado
Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Barathorn... 6 years later and you still "can't don't read no good"

Thels wrote:I actually was looking for a guide I wrote myself.
Igrado
Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Thanks for the links. I've gone the way of manual leveling, so it may be a month or so before I reach Outlands again, at which point I'll refer back to this thread and the connected guides.
Lyoness
Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Though currently not launched yet, you might also be interested in this (blizzlike) server as it sounds quite promising: World of Corecraft

Article + YT links

Key features:
  • content rebalanced to 2.0.3 difficulty (pre nerf), skills and general patch level are TBC 2.4.3
  • working VMaps/MMaps
  • (optional) instant level 58 server with 1x Experience rates

Does one recall the builds for 2.4.3 from Lore's popular specs thread by chance?
-> TBC talent calculator
Fenrìr
Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 am

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Something like this.


However, there were other builds that took 5/5 reckoning, 5/5 Divine Strength, etc as TBC went on through. In my particular raid though, one of our holy paladins took 5/5 imp devo and the other covered Conc Aura allowing me to run Ret.
Lyoness
Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:17 am

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

Fenrìr wrote:Something like this.

I'd rather spec this way for raids.

Prot-Tree:
Improved Devotion Aura's kinda useless as you'll be using Retribution Aura most of the time.
Afair precision is very important on Boss fights. Reckoning is quite useful during leveling.
Kings if no other pala's around.

Ret-Tree:
Ret-/Holy-Paladins got more spare points to spec into IBoM, I'd take Benediction instead.
Fenrìr
Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Old Burning Crusade Guides

I don't really recall ever having mana issues back in TBC to ever warrant Benediction.