Hi! I'm coming to you with an interesting, ah, situation, pleading for help.
I tank with a blood DK in a fairly laid back guild. There's 11 raiders out of some twenty odd people (the rest think we're nuts for wanting to raid), and for the most part everyone is A) either retired and can play all day, B) works full time, C)is a full time student or D) some combination thereof. However we do have some players who don't fit that mold. My fellow tank is one of them. He raids with at least two other guilds we know of, both of which are doing heroic modes. Normally this isn't an issue - our retired lead healer also raids like this.
However it's come to a head between us. Our gear is fairly equal, and I would argue our skill is as well. The boiling point is how we act towards one another while tanking. It's fairly well known that despite our cordial dislike of each other, we did at least work together even if we mutter dire things at each other. This is no longer the case.
As of about three weeks ago, my fellow tank has decided to go with 'Me Tank, Me Tank All Time!' attitude and I am at a lost at how to deal with him. The healers are in agreement. From taunting before his debuffs fall off, to pulling bosses to the strangest locations, and constantly offering his version of 'helpful hints'..well. There's only so much bop'ing and salv'ing I can do, even if I have a macro just for him. I believe part of the issue is that our DK tank does have a very thick accent and sometimes have trouble understand me, the GM/raid leader and our healer lead, just as we sometimes struggle to understand him.
That doesn't help me or anyone else in tanking with him. I'm at my wits end. I can't think of anything else I can do at this point. I'm tired of gritting my teeth and doing what I can to mitigate his recklessness for myself and the healers, but I'm also sick of this turning into a taunt war. I need a new approach and I need it desperately. Can anyone offer some advice?
sfrog
Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:30 pm
