I had a few friends of mine that are much further progressed than us look at some of our logs to give any recommendations they seen that could help us improve as we move forward. One of them has spent a lot of time tanking between a warrior and a pally and I figured I should share with you the tips he pointed out to me:
wrote:
Looking at these 2 kills:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f ... 001&e=4624
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f ... 884&e=5328
These abilities weren't used once:
Divine Protection 1 minute cooldown
Ardent Defender 3 minute cooldown
Guardian of the Ancient Kings 3 minute cooldown
Looking at Wednesday's raid 8 bosses:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7 ... enc=bosses
Divine Protection was used 6 times. The rest weren't used at all.
Using those cooldowns listed will help reduce damage taken by a lot throughout the raids and help the healers focus on other areas of the raid that need the extra healing.
I've found a few things I can do better and a few other tips for others that should help out as a whole.
Now I'm all for improving, but I'm unsure of exactly when I should be using those cooldowns instead of timing ShotR slams. Sure, I get that if there's a massive damage hit coming up, or we're taking a stretched period of sustained high damage (Megaera towards the end when the heads start really hurting)I should be popping them. I don't feel that I'm taking that much damage. I don't believe in using cooldowns just because it's there (unless I'm dpsing). Maybe I'm wrong.
Can anyone give me any advice about your ToT tank cooldown usage?
Thanks all!
~Z
