Skip to content
Maintankadin

Fresh Level 90. What now?

abine
Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:09 am

Fresh Level 90. What now?

Hello,

I'm a returning player who quit wow halfway through ICC. (by the way, love the fact that maintankadin is still around. helped me a lot in wotlk).

I just hit level 90, and now i want to gear up to start running raids. I do want to be quite careful in spending gold or justice points so I would like some ideas on how to go about gearing up from this point on so that I can get my foot in the door. Are there any pieces that I absolutely should try to get, whether from heroics or from vendors?

Thanks
Worldie
Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:20 am

Re: Fresh Level 90. What now?

Easiest and painless way is to get yourself decked into 496/489 gear through JPs and Timeless Isle.

Once you get to 460 you can already start running the first LFR for better gear, and progress from there :)
jere
Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Re: Fresh Level 90. What now?

while you are building up coins for the timeless isle weapons, you can fly over to the Temple of the White Tiger and pick up a quest for arena of annihilation and get an easy 450 weapon. Timeless Isle after that. lots of good 496+ gear (you can actually upgrade one to 435 if you do some research before creating the gear).
bldavis
Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:43 am

Re: Fresh Level 90. What now?

jere wrote:while you are building up coins for the timeless isle weapons, you can fly over to the Temple of the White Tiger and pick up a quest for arena of annihilation and get an easy 450 weapon. Timeless Isle after that. lots of good 496+ gear (you can actually upgrade one to 535 if you do some research before creating the gear).

if you jusyt queue for AoA, you can pick up the quest in there
strongly suggest that before you head out to the isle

and if you can catch a ride across the broken bridge from someone who has a legendary cloak, you can sneak around the side and get a smoldering chest for a 100% drop rate burden of eternity (needed to upgrade an armor token from 496 to 535)
abine
Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 am

Re: Fresh Level 90. What now?

yeah I ended up spending most of the justice points I saved up to get into raid finder, and got pretty lucky with loots so now I'm at 474 ilevel, having completed all of heart of fear. I guess I'll continue to do this till i catch up to the current tier. Thanks for all the help
Thels
Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Re: Fresh Level 90. What now?

Dunno if it's still worth it, or if it takes too long now to complete, but you might want to talk to Wrathion in the Tavern of the Mists you get your legendary quest chain started.

You can also farm a 535 trinket on the Timeless Isle. Timeless Isle is also by far your fastest way to farm coins. The ship almost drops enough coins on it's own for a weekly turn in.

If you have some friends that still play, and you can piggyback ride on a Flex run, that's a fast way to get some additional gear. In 474, you will not be carrying your weight, though.

One HC Scenario per day (used to be a 480 requirement, but I think they nerfed it), also gives you a good chance on 516 gear, which, unlike the Timeless Isle, can actually drop weapons.