Skip to content
Maintankadin

AOE Threat

ck5uperman
Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:28 pm

AOE Threat

Returned to WoW about 3 weeks before the patch and have been tanking with a DK. I am at a 565ILVL and the DK is at a 567ILVL. Is it me, or are DK's OP at producing AOE threat? His DMG blows me out of the water, which I don't really care about. He has the legendary cloak (dps version), is that the issue? I have been tanking for 6 years, only on my pally, and I am confident in my rotation, gear, glyphs, etc. However, on trash packs, and boss fights with large mob packs, I have to slowly single pull mobs off him so he isn't getting bashed by every single mob. WTF? Anyone experiencing the same?
Worldie
Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: AOE Threat

The DPS legendary cloak proc is a massive cleave, so it is quite normal he's ripping stuff off you. Normally, your avenger shield to face should be enough to stick a mob to you.
Extermi
Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:59 am

Re: AOE Threat

I also enjoy wearing the DPS cloack for trash - its hilarios, it procs right at the beginning and cleaves. Apart from that, you can try switching seals to righteousness, open up with lights hammer and skilled wrath together with avengers shield. And, if everything still goes wrong, you can still HoP/HoS your co-tank :-)
ck5uperman
Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: AOE Threat

I figured as much. Wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

7 more runestones and problem should be solved anyway.

If only I could get the runestones to drop on multiple difficulties.

Till then, I have my HoS macro going strong!
Thels
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Re: AOE Threat

Paladin tanks aren't the best for AoE snap aggro right now, though you got a few options to benefit you:

- Holy Prism (selfcast) is better snap aggro than Light's Hammer, since it's instant, rather than Light's Hammer's over time effect.
- Unglyph Avenger's Shield's and Holy Wrath's single target effects.
- Use Hammer of the Righteous and Seal of Righteousness.

Still, with all that, my AoE snap aggro on a Paladin feels much worse than on my DK.