The Avenger's Shield tooltip states:
"Hurls your shield at an enemy target, dealing (160% of Attack power) Holy damage, interrupting and silencing the target for 3 sec, and then jumping to 2 additional nearby enemies." (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31935)
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find information as to how the damage from AS is distributed among the three targets. Is the stated amount of 160% AP (Holy damage) applied to each of the three targets, or is it divided into an equal amount for each one??
Then one wonders what happens when there is only one target within the 30-yard range of the tank -- just how far will the AS "jump" from the target to a nearby enemy and on to another??
Yes, I am aware that at Level 92+ the "Empowered Avenger's Shield" will hit 5 targets, so the question of damage distribution is even more important.
The Glyph of Focused Shield apparently not only applies all of the damage to the target but increases it 30%. Great for boss fights, maybe not so much for multi-target.
From what I've read, AS silences only the target chosen by the tank and not the others. But that has not been my experience in the past, albeit, I can't recall any recent fight in which the shield hit any target for which silencing the other two mattered.
--- Adeya
nil carborundum illegitimi
Adeya
Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:23 am
