Skip to content
Maintankadin

when do you use avenging wrath ?

Evangelina
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:52 am

when do you use avenging wrath ?

On trash mobs I never use it unless I lose aggro and got not taunt/hammer up or when I think I'm gonna lose aggro.

Usually I pull bosses with it and an AS. Except the 2nd boss in shattered halls(maybe there are other bosses but this one comes first in my mind). But sometimes I feel I should keep it when a dps is getting closer on Omen or when I go oom. But I'm not sure it's good to pop wings when going oom cause I can't spam everything, so I lose a part of the 20 sec.
_________________
Naxxramas
Invisusira
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:54 am
I would use it more often if I remembered, but I basically do the same - on bosses, when pulling.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Ulushnar
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:58 am
I don't use it for pulls, since you lose a fair portion of the time you have it up for with casting Avenger's Shield and waiting for the mob to reach you. I'll usually use it when a tough mob is on me, especially if I'm on the first to be killed. After that, I just keep using it whenever it's up.

That said, I do try to keep it in reserve for Warbringer O'mrogg in hSH to use after his first head switch.
_________________
A Hero desires a Sword, and a Sword desires Truth.

Invisusira
Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:03 am
Not true, AW doesn't trigger the GCD. You can hit it and AS at the same time.

Edit: oh nm, I see what you mean now. Just Leroy charge in there!
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Frickit
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:03 am
I use it when Im bored and just wanna do more damage(heroics)
or in Kara when theres two tanks and the warrior is usually getting first threat, Ill use it if I think Im gonna need to pick up a mob without my usual front-loaded threat or without being able to use consecration.
_________________
kalbear
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:06 am
I try and do it right after my first consecrate, whenever that is. On bosses, I do it after dropping jotc and drop jow when it's over.
DeadlyRabbit
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:52 am
Sometimes I use it before tossing the avenging shield to pull a boss other times I just wait until I am in position and then use it, I use it on the aoe packs in ZA sometimes just because a lot of our aoe people give me 3-5 seconds to build aggro before nuking.

Overall I have never seen it that critical to any fight because we already have great threat as a paly.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Deadlyrabbit
YoYoMa
Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:08 pm
I use it whenever it's up on boss fights. Or when I need a quick concecrate boost so aoe'ers can start quicker (i.e. wierd placed portals on Solarian), or when I can't concecrate due to CC and I need to pick up aggro using other means.

I sometimes use it by accident when i don't mean to because i'm saving the forbearance for my bubble. For example dragonhawk in ZA. I sometimes use it on the first platform but then forget I want to bubble off the buffet debuffs (healers don't like when I get flame coned with 50 debuffs on me) Smile
Dazhbog
Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:09 pm
Depends? >.>

I use it on trash pulls sometimes, especially really, really big AE type stuff (as well as BoPing the mage. Damn crazy glass cannon). I do hold off before bosses to let it come off cooldown, though.

Bosses, normally I toss shield, and hit it as I charge in (gogo frontloaded threat); this also allows me to fire off a nice healthy Exo if the boss is a demon/undead. However, if the boss has some sort of aggro drop, I normally hold off with it and use it later, and rely on my hunter's MD. (Example: I blow wings after Attumen mounts up, and when Nightbane lands).
_________________
Snake-Aes
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:15 pm
I use it by the time I know an aggro dump will come, after the first cycle of threat on a rough pull of any kind, and on the beginning of the 5+ AoEs
_________________

Tank in Training, group utility perception was so much easier as a dpser <whines>
Zeels
Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:56 pm
I use it when I want to look cool and impress my friends.

"OMG, this guy is for real, he just popped his wings, he mean serious business"
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!
Darklordkatt
Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:34 pm
I tend to save ti for bosses i want to frontload as much threat as possible like the flamechick in heroic mech since i spend half the fight runnign away from fire elmentals the meelee brings me.
_________________
70 Prot Pally
Muahahaha 70 Warlock
Kalishnakov 60 Hunter
Inferno255
Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:36 am
Throw shield, pop HS, pop AW when it arrives and inmediatly consecrate and judge. Seems to get the most out of it.
_________________
Blutreich
Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:35 am
use it on trash pulls when Captain America misses, sometimes when i am bored, on bosses and on agro dumps.
_________________