Skip to content
Maintankadin

threat/Defensive stats before 70

djellum
Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:42 pm

threat/Defensive stats before 70

I'm level 64, and Recently I havent had enough staying power. I went from 203 spell dmg and 5k health to 140 spell dmg and 7k health yesterday, which should do wonders for my problem, but I need to understand my stats a bit better so i'm not shooting in the dark.

Its going to be a long road to 70 since I can only swing a weekly instance or 2 and maybe a few hours of questing to finish a level or get an item, so I want to make the most of what I have to use.

Realistically I'm sure i just need to have some spell dmg and stack stam, but I will need to know this stuff at some point anyways so...

1) Whats a good spell dmg number to shoot for from the middle to late 60's? I can go up to 200 unbuffed but thats what is recommended for 70's, not my lowbie butt. My groups good an will slow down if they have to but i'd prefer not to fall too far behind on threat gen.

2) Dont need to worry about uncrushable for a long while but it would be nice to be uncritable. I dont follow too good sometimes so please let me know if this is right.

5x64=320 base defense skill+ 125 def skill to overcome the mobs 5% crit chance (.04x125=5.0) = 425 defense skill to be uncritable vs same level + 5 def skill for every level the mob is higher than me. Anticipation adds 20 to my base rating, which means 425 - 340 = 85 def skill from gear to make me uncritable vs same level right? 1.5 Def rating = 1 Def skill so I would need 127 def rating on my gear + 7 def rating for each level higher. sound about right?

I have enough defense gear to hit 445 def skill currently, so i have enough, but it will detract from either stam or spell dmg. I think i can hit 430ish at about 115 spell dmg and just over 6k health.

Armory if you want to look but its not really special in any way.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Whisperwind&n=Stumpi

sry for the lenght, im just long winded:), and thanks for any help you can give.
NarfJones
Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:49 pm
The uncrittable/uncrushable stuff doesn't really come into play until raid bosses. The numbers needed for regular dungeon bosses come pretty much inherently with most tanking gear that is your level. It would be my opinion just to wear whatever tanking gear would drop that includes stamina and a little defense rating. The rest is pretty moot until you hit level cap. Until then just continue running your current level dungeons.

Questing was, and still is, the best way to level.
_________________

http://theorycraftingforlosers.wordpress.com/