Skip to content
Maintankadin

Avoidance and uncrushable. Is 99% safer than 80% ?

Aegistor
Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:56 am

Avoidance and uncrushable. Is 99% safer than 80% ?

Like the topic sez. I am currently speccing avoidance stats to become uncrushable. I am not raiding much yet so it's pretty hard to reach in blues. I have about 2.5 to 3% to go before i become it but was wondering.

Does having 99% avoidance reduce my chance to get crushed or might i just as well lose some % to stack more stamina or spelldamage untill i can get the gear to become fully uncrushable ?

In other words will I get less crushing blows the higher my avoidance or will I get the same amount untill I hit 102.4% ?

Currently im on 11k unbuffed health with 194 spelldamage.

Smile
Ulushnar
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 am
Yes, the higher your avoidance and block goes, the less likely the chance to get crushing blows. In the example you gave you'd have a 3% chance to get crushed as opposed to the base 15% chance.
_________________
A Hero desires a Sword, and a Sword desires Truth.

Aegistor
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:11 am
Thanks for that quick reply. I'll be putting avoidance stats before stam then only a few more % to go Smile
Solidad
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:39 pm
Remember that you are only going to get crushed by raid level bosses at 70. Avoidance is certainly important towards uncrushabliity but you need to maintain enough stamina for those times when avoidance fails - and it will. Gear towards what you will be tanking.

Solidad
Blackhand