Skip to content
Maintankadin

Consumables

WATERBOYsh
Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:57 pm

Consumables

Someone explain to me how the search is supposed to work. Every time I type in any search terms the results are always what appear to be simply all the forums combined with the most recent ones first and have nothing to do with my search terms. I tried "flask" and "elixir" and "consumable" and got the same results for all 3. Either I am epic fail or the search is epic broke.

Anyway, I am starting to lead a ZA raid every week starting this week. I don't ever use consumables in kara, but was considering it for ZA since it is harder and requires more skill/better gear. If I go the flask route what is the best flask? I haven't decided between flask of fortification or flask of supreme power. What about elixirs and food buffs? I'm mainly interested in the ones that are easiest to farm... lol. My mage is an herbalist.
_________________
NarfJones
Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:59 pm
Flasks depend on your gear. As a tank, your best bet would be Fortification, but if you are already high on health and mitigation, perhaps Blinding light would be better.

Regarding the search, use more words in the search and select "Search for all terms"
_________________
Tanking is was made to do
Lakirby
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:35 am
I MT our ZA runs, usually with a feral druid OT, and I usually use flask of fortification, which is unusual for me because I really do love my spell damage. Food buff is 30 sta/20 spi (Spicy Crawdad or Fisherman's Feast). If I'm using elixirs, then usually either Major Defense or Major Fortitude guardian and Adept's Elixir (threat) or Major Agility (avoidance) battle. If I'm using elixirs, I'll swap around for different fights too, for something like Nalorakk I'll go for threat and use Adept's, but for Zul'jin I'll go all-out survivability, I'll use armor/agi elixirs, and I'll use my Moroes and Hydross trinkets for my PallyWall if necessary.
_________________



<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 4/5 MH 5/9 BT
Narcil
Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:24 am
Does anyone use Superior Wizard Oil on there weapon?
Chevalier
Thu May 01, 2008 10:56 pm
flask of fort and spicy crawdad, buy them off the AH.
_________________
Minn
Fri May 02, 2008 2:32 am
Ironshield Potions are handy, especially if you're just learning the place.
_________________
Last seen wearing...
Agarious
Fri May 02, 2008 4:04 am
In a sence one could say as tanks, the paladin, class is the most intensive for consumables. Our versatilty and ability to use many facits to our advantage would make one consider this:

Ironshield Potion
Destruction Potion
Mana Injector/Health Injector
Spicey Crawdad
Blackend Bassilisk*(spelling)
Brilliant/Superior Wizard Oil
Scroll (Prot V/Agi V, even STR V)
Flask of Fortification/ Blinding Light.
Demonic Rune/Dark Rune
Elixirs (in leu of flask)
_________________
Guild - http://www.forlornlegacy.net/
jere
Fri May 02, 2008 4:36 am
Another good item are runes of warding. The 200 dmg ones are really cheap, and the 400 dmg ones aren't bad if you are a miner.
_________________
Sithy
Fri May 02, 2008 7:03 am
If I'm afraid of dieing I go with stam food / elixir of fort / elixir of major agility / wizard oil.
If I'm afraid of my dps (which is usually the case Shocked ) I go with SD food / Blinding Light / Wizard Oil
_________________

Sithy, 70 Human Priest
Sithy
Fri May 02, 2008 8:33 am
Because 500 hp and 10 def rating is amazing right? Fortitude is kinda meh, I'd rather using Elixir of Fortitude and Agility / Mastery, I can make back my consumable cost by doing dailies anyway.
_________________

Sithy, 70 Human Priest