Skip to content
Maintankadin

Divine Shield while tanking?

Dogmeat
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Divine Shield while tanking?

Divine shield can be a life saver, i can avoid pyroblasts from kael in heroic MgT, drops from amazing heights, and even hearth with it! But does it qualify as a tanking ability? Could i pop it for just one or two seconds to wipe a debuff or avoid dying due to sleepy healers? Basically would it wipe my threat and what other post kara situations would using it be useful, my guild is only on kara atm as we are casual but i plan on gearing up and joining a further progressed guild in the summer.
Sysse
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:53 pm
Most definetly! Using DS is great for wiping debuffs or breaking cc's. As far as i know, you can also taunt mobs through DS, and they will stick to you.
_________________
Kitria
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:55 pm
If you can cancel it before the mob turns around and munches a dpser then it can be a viable tanking tool for those reasons. However, in most situations it's much more important to have someone dpsing than your buff bar to be clear of all negative effects imo.
_________________
Wyleai
Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:57 pm
If you pop it, aggro all dumps off of you onto the next highest on the threat table.

Which, as I know from personal experience, is almost always the healer...

My druid has been killed with this before, about 0.5 seconds after the paladin cast that spell I went down, but the spell is still up, so a second after that the mage went down, and then before the spell even wore off, the rest of the group was dead.

And then the spell wore off, and the entire set of the pull all turned and looked at the pally, who was now missing all of his backup...

Wipe. In under 5, maybe 10 seconds.

Never bubble, die first.

If you die, they'll learn their lesson just as well, but it won't be your fault.

And, quite often, a heal was enroute to you anyway. I know that if I'm your healer, you're not going down until I'm out of mana or I get stunned. The same goes for the healers in my guild that are on slowcast mode, like our resto shaman and holy paladin.

Just because your health is low doesn't meant you're dead. Only mostly dead. And the hero of Princess Bride still saved the day after being in that condition, so it can work for you too. Razz
_________________

Tyaera
Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:03 pm
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

if you spam click on that macro, it wll cast Divine Shield, then cancel it immediately. the mob won't stop attacking you
_________________
i put the sensual

back into nonconsensual

Cearn
Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:58 pm
watch your buffbar and rightclick the bubble - that's what i do because i'm too lazy to write myself a macro
_________________
Cearn - 70 pew pew Spankadin! - EU Anetheron

It dont matter where you from its where you at~
Yadard
Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:56 am
I use an add-on called Master & Commander to remove the bubble for me as soon as it is cast. Basically turns DS into a Fear / CC breaker button. Very handy.

Sadly M&C hasn't been updated for 2.4 yet though so all the other functionality is a bit borked.
_________________


Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Narcil
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:10 am
Comes in Handy on bosses like Nightbane to break a fear real quick, before NB turns you remove it, and don't loose your positioning, or risk a cleave to the dps/healers etc, you get the idea
Widdox
Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:18 am
search for BOP - B - Gone addon on curse. It auto removes divine shield and Blessing of Protection and Blessing of Salvation.

Love it.
_________________
Spectrum
Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:19 am
I created that aura canceling macro. It works wonders. It's especially nice on those fights with a large un-typed debuff like a stacking bleed. Half-way through the fight you can remove the debuff to give your healers some breathing room. Makes some fights cake that would be tough to finish otherwise.

The first time I tried it the mobs turned and hit a few people, but I've gotten fast and now most people don't even realize I've bubbled unless I tell them or they notice the debuffs are gone.

DS is a tanking ability you should be using. If you're not, you're not using your abilities to the fullest and aren't as good a tank as you could be.
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
poncey
Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:43 am
you see its threads like this that are chock full of info that i never would have found on a blizzard board.

glad i started reading here at 62. i just might not suck if i can get my pali to70 in time for WotLK