Skip to content
Maintankadin

Uncrushable with buffs - bad idea?

Jtree
Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 am

Uncrushable with buffs - bad idea?

While I've been easily over uncrushable for some time, a few gear changes currently have me sitting at 102.09%. Blessing of Kings pushes me up over 102.4, but I don't think I like relying on a buff, even one that should be reliably up when I'm really gonna need it.

I'm just curious as to what others' opinions on the matter are. Hopefully I'll finally get an upgrade to my Crystalforged Sword soon (if something will actually drop for me), whereupon I'll have to fit more in avoidance somewhere. But for the time being, should I get that last third of a percent in my gear, or let Kings, which I never tank without, cover it?
_________________
Lylith
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:06 am
If your gear changes put you below 102.4% but improve your other stats (spell damage, stamina, etc), I'd stick to it and get above 102.4% with buffs. This will boost your overall stats more unless you are going to fight a boss that for some reason eats your buffs. Buffs will not run out in the middle of a bossfight because you'll refresh them before the fight anyway. To get above 102,4%, you can also use agi scrolls, agi elixirs, etc. A druid's buff will increase it also.
Cearn
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:18 am
using buffs to become uncrushable is a good idea as it normally means more armor/health. kings and motw are the typical pushers, if you can do it with kings only, don't hestitate.
_________________
Cearn - 70 pew pew Spankadin! - EU Anetheron

It dont matter where you from its where you at~
MichaelBerea
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:39 am
Relying on Kings is usually a great approach to take as others have said.

One time it might be bad is on High King Maulgar in Gruul's Lair. A loose Felhunter could make you very uncomfortable. That is not an uncommon occurance.
_________________

http://armorylite.com/us/medivh/michaelberea
Cearn
Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:28 am
though it shouldnt take too much time to get bok rebuffed or rebuff bok yourself °_°
_________________
Cearn - 70 pew pew Spankadin! - EU Anetheron

It dont matter where you from its where you at~
Sweeney
Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 am
When I was gearing up my uncrushable set needed BoK and MotW to hit 102.4% for a while. I finally tweaked an item or two around just because I was tired of triple-checking my buffs before a fight.

Really, you'll always have Kings so that's not too scary.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem