Skip to content
Maintankadin

Defense cap?

ThugNMeThePally
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 am

Defense cap?

As topic states, is there a cap to how high you can get your defense? Im at 500 now, how high can I go?
Dorvan
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:47 am
There is no defense cap....I really hate the person who decided that "cap" was the right word to describe hitting uncrittable.
_________________
Thanehand
Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:44 am
When I'm explaining Def to someone, I like the term Anti-Cap.

A cap tends to imply an upper limit to something, and as has been stated there really is not "hard-cap" to def..

However, there is an Anti-Cap... a lower limit below which if you go, you will be crittable..

For example, at lvl 70, the Anti-Cap againsts a lvl 73 boss is 490. Go below this, and he will be able to crit you.

To work this out for any level the formula is:

PlayerLvl*5 + ((5 + 0.04(Moblvl*5 - Playerlvl*5))/0.04)

This assumes nothing (e.g. Def for lvl maxed out).

Easier way to remember it is:

+125 Def vs Same lvl mob. (You must have your innate Def skill maxed out for your lvl)
+130 Def vs +1lvl mob..
+135 Def vs +2lvl mob...

etc..

In summary, there's no Cap, but there is an Anti-Cap if you don't want to be critted
_________________