So I have been doing some tanking with my guild, after switching from holy, and following some guides on these forums for advice. Thanks to those who wrote them.
Anywho, as I said I have been tanking a lot more often with my guild in 5 mans, heroics, and OT some kara. I have no problem maintaing a threat lead on 95% of my guild, but that last 5% are kind of causing me some problems. One warlock in particular who manages to put out 1200dps (I think, my dmg meter has been buggy lately, it may be higher) on almost every single fight. I can barely manage to keep aggro off of him, and if I don't get to AS for the pull, odds are good that he will pull the mob off of me. His TPS (according to Omen which I watch closely) is almost constantly over 1000 with salv(which I personaly make sure he has). Mine usually sits anywhere from 300-650 area. I was wondering what I might be able to do to boost my TPS a bit more on those trash pulls. Or does he just out gear me that much? I usually have at least an adepts elixir on at all times. Either way, I feel my TPS is low, or I may be crazy. I also have the Helm of Righteousness which will give me the 2 pc and I use it for trash.(Planning on getting +spell dmg on gloves ASAP)
Typical rotation: SoR > AS > Judge > Cons > HS > SoR > Judge > Cons/HS (whichever gets off CD first) This is all full rank, cons will go to rank 4 after first mob is down on trash because I can handle anything he can dish out at that point. For bosses, I will stay full rank and toss in judged crusader after a couple JoRs, and he will still catch me.
My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&n=Bulio
Lock in question: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&n=Lockadaver
(not sure what his missing trinket really is)
Thanks for any help, and sorry for the long read.
sibi5454
Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:00 pm



