Skip to content
Maintankadin

Time for a graphics card upgrade.

Kelaan
Thu May 12, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Time for a graphics card upgrade.

Yep. I'd probably just leave the anti-aliasing and other really demanding stuff off (or minimal), frankly.

The performance increase isn't stellar in most of todays games - but at the price that they SEEM to be going for, it's an easy upgrade. Heck, I an tempted to see if I can get a pair of (refurbished) 4870x2's for similar prices from an outlet shop. (:
Arkesh
Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Time for a graphics card upgrade.

valura wrote:Personally, I use an MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin-Frozr II/OC, which is quite affordable at about € 260. If you have more to spend, I can suggest going for the 570 at € 350, the 580 at € 420 or the N590 at € 699.

Each of them offer full SLI support, an output of at least 2560x1600, and full (free) software support.


After seeing quite a few positive reviews and some impressive overclocking potential I've finally reached a decision and unless some nifty graphics card comes out of nowhere I'll be ordering one of the above in 2/3 weeks with a view to grab another at some point before November.
Skye1013
Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Time for a graphics card upgrade.

Ok... so this may seem like a stupid question, and I didn't feel it needed a new thread... but...

GPU = video card?
Shamora
Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Time for a graphics card upgrade.

Skye1013 wrote:Ok... so this may seem like a stupid question, and I didn't feel it needed a new thread... but...

GPU = video card?

GPU = Graphics Processing Unit

It generally means a video card, but could also be used to specify the processing chip on the video card.