Gab wrote:$1199
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD313LL/A#hardware
vs
$599
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fncwq70&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&model_id=inspiron-14r-n4110
Add $130 to the Mac for Windows 7. I guess I'll never understand the fascination with Macs. To each his own, that trackpad must be one hell of an experience.
The other big advantage is that the mac has a much, MUCH better screen. Most PC laptops, and ALL cheap PC laptops, have absolutely terrible screens. As far as external displays: I'd much rather the displayport on the mac than a HDMI connector; especially since I use a high-resolution (2560x1440) monitor, and HDMI only supports up to 1080p. I may be in the minority there, though.
The Dell has a single-band 1x2 Wifi card. The Mac has a dual-band 3x3 Wifi card. For that matter, the Dell doesn't even have a gigabit ethernet port, only 10/100.
The mac also has a 63.5Wh battery, the Dell has a 48Wh.
Given a choice between those two, I'd get the mac every time. Not trying to argue for the mac (there are other laptops I'd much prefer), more pointing out that the Dell is that cheap for a reason - it's a budget machine, with every possible corner cut. The price is about the only attractive thing about it.
