Last night instead of going out and drinking me and my friend sat around tweaking my computer and drank. While doing so we discovered that my CPU was floating around 60-65 degrees C... That we are going to fix this weekend and put in a water cool system. What we also discovered is that my cards are not running in SLI. I've been running 2x 9800 GT. I'm pretty certain that they were working in SLI because when I first got the second card there was a noticeable difference. Lately, I can't remember when, there was a sudden drop in quality.
Here's my setup
cards
board
processor
I believe part of the problem may come from the board being an ati compatible board and not a nvidia board. I should have looked at this when bought it. (But you live and learn.) What doesn't make sense is why did it work at one time and now its not? Could it be the bridge or a physical problem?
In the nvidia settings it is not showing SLI connection and it has been a very long time since I tweaked with my settings personally so I'm not 100% sure I ever was running SLI.
I have been thinking about getting a new video card like a 460-465GTX. But if I could get my cards working in SLI it would save me a bunch of money. Any thoughts?
Rachmaninoff
Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 am


