With ESV:Skyrim and Battlefield 3 both slated with a November 2011 release, the amount of time I spent in WoW and ESIV:Oblivion will both take fairly big hits. I figure that as I'll be spending more time in prettier places and in a world of DX11 I should probably get shot of my rapidly aging Nvidia GTX260.
However, with a gazillion graphics cards on the market I find I'm in way out of my depth (I know how the Nvidia numbering system works, but that is about it). My budget is around £400 (or roughly ~$670) so I've been looking at the 400 and 500 series and figured out I can comfortably afford 2xGTX460s and run them in SLi (which my mobo can do) or I can stretch the limit of my budget and get 2xGTX560Tis. Does anyone know how much roughly of a differnce I'll see, is it going to be worth the extra £100? I'm guessing two GTXX60s will be better than a single GTXX80...
I know SLi configurations don't get the most bang for their buck in WoW, but come November I'm probably only going to log into WoW to raid and arena.
Just incase it plays a part, my current processor is an AMD Phenom X4 965 overclocked to 3.8Ghz is this going to bottleneck the cards?
As a final sidenote, I wouldn't mind getting a new monitor too, my current 16:10 ratio one is annoying when it comes to converting videos into 16:9. Recommendations are welcome.
Arkesh
Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:18 am

