So, I was playing some League of Legends today on my moderate PC, the specs aren't great, but it runs what I need it to, while I'm collecting parts for my new beast.
I've never had an overheating problem, but I think my rig overheated.
I was playing a match, and right at the end the power just shut off, everything else plugged into that surge protector was working fine, the system just beeped and boom, gone.
I tried to turn it back on but I got a blank screen and a long beep from the computer.
I opened up the case and it was hot as hell in there (I couldn't touch the GPU for longer than .5 seconds.)
After Waiting a few hours, I decided to plug it back in and it's working just fine, how would I go about finding out exactly what happened? I'm sure something over-heated, since I've noticed one of my fans stopped working as well (gonna grab a new one tomorrow.) and the fact that it was actually a hot day here in washington didn't help.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Aubade
Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 am
