Aergis wrote:If I cut right through the wall we're probably talking about 12'-15'. I know 15' is the limit for DVI cables for image degredation, how about HDMI or even VGA with a converter if I have to go that route?
The basic HDMI specs are cited as ~45 feet, so you should have no trouble with that as most cables should outperform that. I don't know much about the DVI spec. VGA will be very dependent on the cable you get. I had to get a newer one to handle doing 1080p at all, but it is 25ft so you should have viable options if you go that rout.
The ability of a cable to carry a signal over any specific length has more to do with quality/quantity of insulation used in the cable. The basic specifications you see for for technologies like HDMI/VGA/DVI are the
minimum performance levels that they need to meet.