Skip to content
Maintankadin

*@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Fivelives
Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:52 pm

*@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

I've been having to "update/confirm" billing information on a daily basis. It's really really beginning to get on my nerves. Is there any way to just remove it entirely and tell Apple to go screw themselves? They keep telling me there "was an error with a previous charge" or something. I'm also having to constantly (almost daily) change my password, and it won't let me use a password that I've used in the last year.

After having gone through 30+ different passwords, this is REALLY beginning to annoy me. I'm half tempted to switch to a different phone, even at full price, upgrade date be damned. I just don't like the cheap plastic-y feel of most of the android OS phones (screw Blackberry).

Any help would be appreciated - my google-fu has failed me. All I can find are a bunch of links to forum topics with other people complaining about the same exact issue, with no posted resolutions or workarounds.
gibborim
Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Sounds like a sweet virus you got there.
Fivelives
Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Not a virus. It's a "known issue" that Apple hasn't done anything to fix that has something to do with the app store hack last year.
Mcduffie
Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Does this have anything to do with you not using your real name again?
Fivelives
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:33 am

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Nope.
Flex
Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 am

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Wipe it and restore. It's the only way to be sure.
Fivelives
Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Flex wrote:Dust off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.


Fixed.

It's a known issue, not a virus. Apple just isn't too arsed about fixing it, since it technically counts as "security", and people "shouldn't be too inconvenienced by it".
Flex
Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

The people who have resolved the issue on Apple boards have done it via wiping it and restoring from a backup.
Fivelives
Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Your google-fu is impressive, sir. I couldn't find any resolutions when I looked. I'll try it when I get home from work in the morning, and let you know how it goes.
Ezharon
Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

I resolve this problem myself a few weeks ago by modifying my Apple id password and using a more stronger one (my older was well older and not really strong tbh). No more problem since.
Fivelives
Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

My passwords are (generally) anywhere from 16 to 24 characters in length, composed of lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols. I don't think you can get much stronger, password-wise.
thegreatheed
Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Ditch the cult-ware and get a real phone.

That's the best way to fix it.
gibborim
Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

thegreatheed wrote:Ditch the cult-ware and get a real phone.

That's the best way to fix it.


High quality necro-trolling.
Fridmarr
Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Yeah lets not head there please.
Fivelives
Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: *@&#^%(&* iPhone 4

Ha.

I just got my iPhone 4s, and I have to admit. I'm in love with Siri.

Well actually, I got it yesterday, but I've been too busy playing around with it to post about it. But I have to admit - it is AWESOME. I'm normally not one to believe the claims made in commercials, but ... wow. It works exactly as advertised.

The programmers also definitely had a sense of humor: http://shitthatsirisays.tumblr.com/