Thought I'd keep the threads seperate as that could be a bit confusing.
Looking for advice on a new machine. I have been thinking about building a new one for some time now. I used to build PCs for a small computer company when I first got out of high school it's been about 10 years but I'm sure it shouldn't be an issue. The PC wont be used for anything more intensive than gaming.
I am looking for any cheap performance increases, money saving alternatives, product compatability issues etc... Because I have been out of the "loop" for quite some time any insights are greatly appreciated.
Case - COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
CPU Fan - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
SSD - Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148441
HD - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769
Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
MoBo - ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.791361.13-157-271
PSU - Antec BP550 Plus 550W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016
GPU - EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130683
I also found a Newegg "combo" that was very similar to what I have posted above but would save me $70.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.770956
The differences are failry subtle. The MoBo is a Gigabyte, a different case and the HD is a Seagate. So would it be worth the 70$ to go with this combo?
A few other questions. Will that particular CPU fan be good enough for some overclocking if I decide I want to OC? Will the on board audio/networking suffice or I should I think about getting seperate cards? Will that particular PSU (550W) be sufficient for my machine?
I was also curious about the performance difference in the 560ti 1 GB vs 2 GB and the performance difference in the 560ti vs the 6950 series since I had heard it mentioned in another thread.
Lastly will these come with everything I need or do I need to buy other chords, thermal grease etc... Thanks in advance.
Edit: Read Talaii's comment on the other active thread and that answers the CPU fan question.
Gab
Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:11 am
