So just wanted an expert to give this a once-over. Here are the upgrades I'm looking at on Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817152043 (PSU)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128512 (Mobo)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819115073 (CPU)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814161382 (GPU)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820220629 (RAM)
I'm also going to bite the bullet and just have the guys at Geek Squad assemble it and make sure I'm not going to keep getting BSODs, since I apparently suck at it(that, and there's a problem with the drivers for the Radeon HD 6970 cards that causes a lot of BSODs).
Will that all work together fairly well, or should I look at some different stuff instead? I'm keeping my case, hard drives, and optical drive (Antec 900 case, 2x 1tb and 1x 80gb HDD, Lightscribe capable BD-RW) since those are all still decent. I'm thinking of crossfiring two GPUs, but until my taxes come in, I won't be able to afford the second card. I'm already looking at right around $600, including shipping, in those parts above (I already have the graphics card). There's "better/faster" memory available, but that 16gb for $85 seemed to be the best bang for my buck; assuming everything plays nice with everything else.
Fivelives
Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:01 am
