Skip to content
Maintankadin

My new crazy machine

Phonic
Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:50 pm

My new crazy machine

Just wanted to share my new set up with you. Overboard? Yes.

SLI disabled for WOW since it was causing me some issues, but I'm still getting 100fps during 10-man raids :D

Case (Chassis): Corsair Obsidian 800D
Processor: Intel Core i7 3960X 5.2GHz LGA 2011 Hex-Core Processor (15MB L3 Cache)
Graphics Card: Triple 3GB EVGA GTX 580 Classified Hydro Copper 2
Memory: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 Mhz (4x4GB) Quad-Channel Memory
System Cooling: ORIGIN CRYOGENIC Custom Liquid
Power Supply: 1.5 Kilowatt Silverstone Strider
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
RAID Configuration: RAID 0
Hard Drive One: 240GB Corsair Force GT - Solid
Hard Drive Two: 240GB Corsair Force GT - Solid
Bay Devices: Aerocool Touch 2000 - Touch LCD
Audio: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Networking: Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
Operating System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition

Monitor: HP ZR30W 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor

Pics:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Shyrtandros
Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: My new crazy machine

My I ask how much this cost you without the monitor?
Fivelives
Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: My new crazy machine

Careful! That Origin PC might ban you from the internet.

*ducks*
Skye1013
Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 am

Re: My new crazy machine

Phonic wrote:Image

That totally didn't look like WoW...I'm not sure what it looked like, but definitely not WoW.
Hrobertgar
Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 am

Re: My new crazy machine

That totally didn't look like WoW...I'm not sure what it looked like, but definitely not WoW.


It did look a little cartoonish, but I believe that is at least partly because the screen is overexposed so as to bring out the rather dark case sitting on the desk behind the monitor.

Besides, WoW IS a cartoon, just sayin
Skye1013
Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:15 am

Re: My new crazy machine

It reminded me of something along the lines of:

Image

Or one of those games where you click on places and it'll interact with them (zoom in, enter doors, move things, etc.)

It wasn't until I started to look at the action bars that I noticed that was Stormwind :D.
Shyrtandros
Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:28 am

Re: My new crazy machine

Skye1013 wrote:It reminded me of something along the lines of:

Image

Or one of those games where you click on places and it'll interact with them (zoom in, enter doors, move things, etc.)

It wasn't until I started to look at the action bars that I noticed that was Stormwind :D.



Holy crap... I didn't even think it was WoW either.. I was like "hmmm I wonder what game that is.." then I saw it a second time and caught the recount and the other addons and was like "OMG It's WoW?!"
Phonic
Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:11 am

Re: My new crazy machine

Shyrtandros wrote:My I ask how much this cost you without the monitor?


It was around $9000 w/o monitor.

And yes indeed that is WOW :p it is a bit overexposed to capture the rest of the computer in proper lighting. The 30" HP is known for being a bit over-bright as well (which I'm fine with, i like really bright screens)
Shyrtandros
Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 am

Re: My new crazy machine

Phonic wrote:
Shyrtandros wrote:My I ask how much this cost you without the monitor?


OVER 9,000!!!


Fixed

Duuude, your computer is more expensive than my motorcycle... that's crazy..
Nikachelle
Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 am

Re: My new crazy machine

o.O

The heck is wrong with you guys. How could you NOT recognize Stormwind in the back? Weirdos.
Shyrtandros
Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 am

Re: My new crazy machine

Nikachelle wrote:o.O

The heck is wrong with you guys. How could you NOT recognize Stormwind in the back? Weirdos.


It looked too "Cartoony" w/ the overexposure. Along with I ONLY play Horde so I don't visit Stormwind.
Phonic
Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 am

Re: My new crazy machine

Sigh... i miss Org :( I recently just went Ally for 4.2
Skye1013
Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:49 am

Re: My new crazy machine

Nikachelle wrote:o.O

The heck is wrong with you guys. How could you NOT recognize Stormwind in the back? Weirdos.

I don't generally fly over the Stormwind gates and look towards the mountains, so that combined with the overexposure, made it look like an entirely different game until my eyes managed to catch the action bars.
Hrobertgar
Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:48 am

Re: My new crazy machine

You need to fish more. That big hill in the background is where you fly to get to one of the fishing dailys. Up and over the hill above a waterfall with some low level trash to fish up some Violet Carp or something.
Skye1013
Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 am

Re: My new crazy machine

I know what's over there, I just don't generally sit in Stormwind at that angle. I very rarely pay attention to anything more than my map when flying, and almost never fly that direction from the JP/VP vendors (I use the DD AH/bank.)