Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sony Vaio Laptop BD-Rom Issue

Skye1013
Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 am

Sony Vaio Laptop BD-Rom Issue

Ok, so I've been try to watch Blu-rays on my laptop, but it won't read any that I've put in the disc drive. It runs DVDs and CDs just fine, but for whatever reason, refuses to acknowledge any of my Blu-rays. I've updated the drivers, firmware, etc. I've checked their tech support forums, and even googled it, but am coming up at a loss. Any ideas why it might not be working?

Model: VPCF115FM
Shamora
Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:18 am

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop BD-Rom Issue

My guess is the drive is just goin bad. My dad had a similar issue in his laptop (could run CDs but not DVDs). He called tech support and they sent a replacement drive and it has worked fine since.
Skye1013
Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:57 am

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop BD-Rom Issue

I suppose that's possible, but I can't ever remember it working (even shortly after I bought it.) Guess I'll have to contact tech support. Too bad I think my warranty is expired.