Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

Jeremoot
Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:53 am

Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

How did you guys get past this? I've deleted my Battle.net, WTF, Temp, Cache, and Interface folders. I've made sure everything isn't set to read only. I've set everything to run as administrator, specifically running the launcher as administrator, and doing all this while logged in from the administrator account. Secondary Logon is running and set to automatic, and I have no firewalls running.

I let this thing run for 12 hours. It's still sitting at 0.0%.
Fetzie
Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:02 am

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

I don't know, mine was done in ten minutes. Have you tried re-downloading the client?
Kuripari
Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

I had this problem for a long time. Check the launchers when it runs. Do you have the other launcher still running in the background, if so, kill it, even though it tells you not to. The only thing running should be the client that reconfigures. There is an error where both versions will run at the same time, and the second will lock resources that need to be updated, leading it to get stuck at 0%.
Jeremoot
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

There's only one launcher running. But I seem to have possibly found a solution. After deleting the Data folder it appears to be working, it's creating new files now, and my WoW directory dropped from >20GB to 4GB.

Gonna let it sit for a few hours and see what happens.
Jeremoot
Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 am

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

Well, I made it to the "Failed to download a required update" error. No luck getting past this one yet.
Skye1013
Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

Blizzards way of telling you that maybe you shouldn't be playing?

Seriously though, have you tried contacting them about it?
Jeremoot
Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:33 am

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

I've tried everything listed here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412103544

The only solution seems to be uninstalling and downloading the game in full. That would take me all month with my internet connection though, and like a sucker, I already purchased a month of game time when I got MoP thinking I would be playing the day of.
Skye1013
Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

When I say contact, I don't mean via the forums. I'm referring to actually calling them (or worst case, I guess email/submit a ticket through battle.net)

You could probably explain the situation, and possibly get your play time delayed/reimbursed... not sure how willing they are to help in that regard.
Jeremoot
Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:09 am

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

I bit the bullet and uninstalled, sick of screwing with it. Rather annoying that patching wasn't an option. As for a refund on the subscription, I might try calling, but experience tells me they'd blame this problem on me and deny any sort of refund.
Skye1013
Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

Eh, it's better than the guaranteed 0% chance you have if you don't at least try.
lythac
Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 am

Re: Reconfiguration stuck at 0.0%

Jeremoot wrote:The only solution seems to be uninstalling and downloading the game in full. That would take me all month with my internet connection though, and like a sucker, I already purchased a month of game time when I got MoP thinking I would be playing the day of.


Do you know anyone who plays within easy reach of you? Can copy their install onto a USB stick.