Skip to content
Maintankadin

WoW Mouse

Worldie
Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 pm

WoW Mouse

Hai guyse. I finally decided to get myself a gift for Christmas, and I decided for a new mouse.

I'm looking for one of those hi-quality mouses with several additional keybindable buttons, but I'm completely noob in the field. Anyone can point me to what are the best around?
Invisusira
Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: WoW Mouse

I really, really like my Logitech MX500. It's an older mouse, but everything about it is just perfect. It has just the right amount of extra buttons without being excessive, it fits perfectly in the hand, it's just an all-around fantastic mouse.
Nooska
Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Re: WoW Mouse

I'd recoomendt the Logitecg G700.
4 Thumb buttons, and 3 buttons along the left mouse button (and scrollwheel, click on wheel and side, to ide)all able to be G-keyed to some obscure combo that you can use in game as a pseudo mousebutton (sadly wow/windows doesn't support more than 5 mousebuttons total natively)
Fetzie
Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:28 am

Re: WoW Mouse

Have you looked at the Corsair M90?
gibborim
Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:30 am

Re: WoW Mouse

It really depends on what you want. If you just want a good mouse with a couple of extra buttons, I use a Lachesis. It is good for both right and left handed, has a high sensitivity laser (I can set it high enough that I can play WoW with just my knee for a mousepad), and has two buttons on each side that are well positioned. If you have the fine motor learning and control for it and like the idea of running your whole rotation from the side of a mouse, the Naga has a full number-pad on the side with a dozen buttons.


Edit: Though, I would stay away from Razer mice if you plan on carting it around with a laptop. The things are not near as durable as I would like.
Esilence
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:20 am

Re: WoW Mouse

gibborim wrote:Edit: Though, I would stay away from Razer mice if you plan on carting it around with a laptop. The things are not near as durable as I would like.


I haven't really had this problem, I took my Deathadder with me working around the world for about 2 years, and got a Naga Epic about a year ago which has come with me, both are fully functional and show no signs of problems. The wireless transmitter for the Naga kept getting picked up by airport security though, every bloody time, so I stopped taking that with me...

I still prefer the feel of the Deathadder over the Naga, but once you get used to that many buttons it is hard to go back to something with only 5!
Treck
Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: WoW Mouse

I use the Razer Naga Hex currently, I feel the regular Naga gets a bit overwhelmed with buttons, that I prefer less ammount of buttons and rather more bind combinations.
Rhiannon
Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:43 am

Re: WoW Mouse

Hm, always been a bit intimidated by the 12 button naga, that hex looks pretty intriguing though. How spammable are the buttons? Would you feel comfortable binding something like crusader strike to them or prefer to leave spammed abilities on keyboard?
Treck
Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:03 am

Re: WoW Mouse

I think thats going to depend on how used to spamming buttons you are with your thumb, I think I would just get really tired in my thumb after a night of raiding, but If you get used to it I see no problem with doing so.
They are mechanical so they can be spammed pretty heavily.
I personally use them with key modifiers for CDs and such, I prefer to have my normal rotation on my keyboard.
gibborim
Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: WoW Mouse

Esilence wrote:
gibborim wrote:Edit: Though, I would stay away from Razer mice if you plan on carting it around with a laptop. The things are not near as durable as I would like.


I haven't really had this problem, I took my Deathadder with me working around the world for about 2 years, and got a Naga Epic about a year ago which has come with me, both are fully functional and show no signs of problems. The wireless transmitter for the Naga kept getting picked up by airport security though, every bloody time, so I stopped taking that with me...

I still prefer the feel of the Deathadder over the Naga, but once you get used to that many buttons it is hard to go back to something with only 5!


I have had immense durability issues specifically with the Deathadder.