So with all the upgrade chatter lately, I wanna throw my hat in, as it seems quite a few very tech savvy people are around.
Our computers are 3 years old and change, so my "childhood" learning tells me I should be looking at a new rig (that actually means 2 as the GF needs to get an upgrade at the same time, as its not my own money, but shared funds that go towards new computers).
Well on to the tech stuff:
------------------------------------
Computer:
Model: Self built
Chassis: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
Mainboard: Crosshair III Formula
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc 1702
Total Memory: 8GB DDR3 Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Socket/Slot: AM3
Memory Module: 2x Kingston 9905403-440.A00LF 4GB DDR3 PC3-10700 (667MHz) (9-9-9-24)[Note in CPU-Z; NB Frequency 2000 MHz)
Video Adapter: 2x Sapphire Vapor-X HD 48501GB GDDR3 Crossfired
Storage devices:
ST3200827AS ATA Device 186 GB (200,046,551,040 byte)
WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device 930 GB(1,000,202,273,280 byte)
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 SP1
Platform Compliance: x64
Windows Experience Index: 5.9
- Processor: 7.4
- Memory: 7.5
- Graphics: 7.1
- Gamegraphics: 7.1
- Primary harddisk: 5.9
-----
So, from the time I've spent (admittedly not that much), it doesn't really seem like I will actually get anything useful from upgrading or building a new rig, without spending a pretty large sum of cash on it. I'm not feeling that I need a new computer from the games I play, but admittedly I almost never have - untill I've had the new computer and see the difference.
What say you tech savvies? is there a potential or should I just keep piling money for a later and better buy?
Nooska
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:09 am
