Skip to content
Maintankadin

Star Wars; Old Republic

Sagara
Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:26 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Passionario wrote:I thought that the 'youth' part was a dead giveaway. ;)



You have NO idea what cybernetics can do for you ;-)

But yeah, should have caught that.
aureon
Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

I'm the sole proper synthweaver on the server, and i'm selling epic light armor belts at 70k!
closing to 3m credits in two weeks :'D
Astronomic
Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

imo 70k isnt that much, I can get about 150k from dailies so if you think about it in wow terms thats like 150g a belt. I'm strongly considering buying alot of stuff while theres not much credits floating around and reselling when you have multitudes of people doing dailies and prices will be much higher in maybe a month or two.
aureon
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:26 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Doubt it.
Prices are pretty harshly chained to crew mission cost, and matcost / demand will go down, even if money supply goes up..
baleogthefierce
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:29 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

I sure hope the patch today fixes even a quarter of the ridiculous bugs we've encountered trying to do Operations; it's like raiding in WoW if you took all the most hilarious/annoying bugs from all 13 tiers of raiding and put them into 2 amazingly frustrating instances.
crazyharry
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Speaking of money, has anyone seen a credit seller? I haven't and I am on a 'Full' server, every other MMO I have tried in the past few years has had gold sellers in since day one.
baleogthefierce
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:41 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

crazyharry wrote:Speaking of money, has anyone seen a credit seller? I haven't and I am on a 'Full' server, every other MMO I have tried in the past few years has had gold sellers in since day one.


On Sword of Ajunta Pall we've been getting them since day 3 or so.
Shyrtandros
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:56 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

crazyharry wrote:Speaking of money, has anyone seen a credit seller? I haven't and I am on a 'Full' server, every other MMO I have tried in the past few years has had gold sellers in since day one.


I got an in-game e-mail in week 2 saying some website was selling 10,000 credits for $4... part of me was like.. WTH I could totally bank like $500 if I sold these credits.. LOL
aureon
Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

None on Trayus Academy.
Oh, and for the bugs.. i don't know.
We were up on the 2nd boss, hard mode, had a 0.4% wipe and then proceeded to wipe a whopping eleven times on bugs alone. (Randomly enrages out of timer, kicks us out of the istance, resets, doesn't spawn any more islands when first goes down, locks down the istance itself, randomly kills party members, i think i could go on)
Astronomic
Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Ilum PvP area is now terrible for low pop servers. The daily is to collect or kill 30 armaments/players. In about 30mins I found about 6 armaments and killed 3 players.
baleogthefierce
Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

aureon wrote:None on Trayus Academy.
Oh, and for the bugs.. i don't know.
We were up on the 2nd boss, hard mode, had a 0.4% wipe and then proceeded to wipe a whopping eleven times on bugs alone. (Randomly enrages out of timer, kicks us out of the istance, resets, doesn't spawn any more islands when first goes down, locks down the istance itself, randomly kills party members, i think i could go on)


The first boss was the only one we didn't encounter major bugs on.
2nd boss we had "stuck in combat" bugs and had to reset the instance and clear trash a few times
Pylon boss was a nightmare, we had to reset the instance every attempt because the consoles would bug out after a wipe
Faction champs actually was pretty bug-free except for the whole bugged loot chest thing
Soa was hilarious: parts of the platform randomly disappearing, invisible lightning balls, bugged boss position in p3, excessive spawns in p3, just a fun time all around.

Also the rancor boss is hilarious on hard when you zone in and half the raid instantly dies to a cleave because the boss doesn't reset after a wipe.

Despite all these problems I see great potential for future raids based on their design choices. We did Soa 8-man for funsies and it's quite an enjoyable encounter, should be interesting on nightmare.
Sagara
Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Okay, just tried PvP as seer.

I'll put it mildly - I enjoyed it s much as being ass-raped by a pack of wild dickwolves.
Healing feels pointless - either you're outnumbered, and every dps will flee instead of dps, or you're outnumbering and you might as well DPS...
sahiel
Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Sagara wrote:Okay, just tried PvP as seer.

I'll put it mildly - I enjoyed it s much as being ass-raped by a pack of wild dickwolves.
Healing feels pointless - either you're outnumbered, and every dps will flee instead of dps, or you're outnumbering and you might as well DPS...

Run warzones with one or two friends/guildmates, a healer/tank/dps group is almost unstopable in huttball (if the dps can stealth they are literally unstopable by all but a premade on voice chat), a cohesive 3 man group with one of each role can destroy an opposing group in any of the WZs and makes a huge difference to winning or losing.
Sagara
Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:35 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

:'-( Still, the WZ are not *that* bad. Huttball is a blast once you get the hang of it.

But the players. God the players. Got a Sentinel I decided to support, as everyone was more or less running around like a headless chicken. Guy Force Leaps onto a group of 2. Starting to bubble and and see if anything is CC-able.

The guy. RUNS. AWAY. And leaves. After a rather painful defeat, I get back on the Fleet to see the *same* guy spouting about how everyone sucks in WZ, because they did 22k damage total.

Nimrod. Ok. That's out of my system. Back to genuinly enjoying exploding random stuff.
Torquemada
Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Astronomic wrote:Ilum PvP area is now terrible for low pop servers. The daily is to collect or kill 30 armaments/players. In about 30mins I found about 6 armaments and killed 3 players.


They're also terrible for imbalanced servers, like one that is heavily Imperial. Like mine.
aureon
Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:51 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

It's horrible on heavy-pop servers, too.
You see a clusterfuck of republic v imperial, each one numbering in the 50s, with 4-5 aoe healers spamming their crap.
And NO ONE DIES, due to everyone getting 4k hps in aoe heals. The only thing that changes the thing is grips.
Also, i normally have 60fps on fleet - Ilum clusterfuck as around 3.
baleogthefierce
Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

The new Flashpoint is pretty fun and is full of Left 4 Dead references. The first fight can be a touch buggy (we had the turret despawn and had to reset the instance to get it back), and the "Smoker" zombies that channel that strangle on random people are one of the most annoying trash mobs ever conceived.

Hopefully they get some sort of fix in quickly for Ilum :)
Astronomic
Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Torquemada wrote:
Astronomic wrote:Ilum PvP area is now terrible for low pop servers. The daily is to collect or kill 30 armaments/players. In about 30mins I found about 6 armaments and killed 3 players.


They're also terrible for imbalanced servers, like one that is heavily Imperial. Like mine.


Our server has about 2x as many imperials but on Ilum we outnumber them 2:1 :P
Shyrtandros
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Massive issues with the Ilum World PvP changes.

There was a streamed video of a MASSIVE Imperial group camping the spawn point of Republic players and getting like 150 valor per kill, reports of people going from valor 30 to 60 valor rank from hours of spawn camping with the Ilum 5x bonus.

This really makes me want to rage.. I've worked my @$$ off for weeks to reach Valor 55 and some random scrubs are now Battlemasters because they spawn camped ?!

It took hours to get the 30 kill / armaments daily completed because Imps outnumber us 2:1, the armaments only spawn in the central area which had 10+ Imps most of the night.

The few times myself and a friend found 1-2 imps to kill we were zerged by 10+ enemies prior to being able to get our kills..
We finally completed it by going kamikaze, 3 of us run into 10 people pick off a squishy or 2 then die and do it again..
Fridmarr
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

That sucks, the amount of bugs that are significantly affecting end game play seem troubling, hopefully they can really hammer out some fixes soon. They did say that they make take action against those that took "extreme advantage" of the situation, whatever that means.
Arjuna
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

So...anyone knows what to use the droid components on that are crafted from cybertech? I'm guessing a droid somewhere...but where, and why?
Gracerath
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:31 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Arjuna wrote:So...anyone knows what to use the droid components on that are crafted from cybertech? I'm guessing a droid somewhere...but where, and why?


Some classes have droid companions that use them. Trooper and Jedi Knight come to mind. Also, everyone gets a droid that comes with their ship, though even geared they are big piles of poopy.
Arjuna
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:39 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

So as a BH it's basically useless then...roger...

I'll stick to my mods and armor parts then...
Shyrtandros
Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Arjuna wrote:So as a BH it's basically useless then...roger...

I'll stick to my mods and armor parts then...


Every class unlocks a combat droid companion some get them early (Jedi Knight's first companion) Some get them much later.
Sagara
Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 am

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

And some of them are even optional. I won't spoil much, but it's failry easy to find out there.