Kelaan wrote:What does SWTOR do better than WoW? What does it have that WoW is missing, or does poorly? I know some of you will say "no pandas" but as pandas don't seem to bother me, I'm looking for something more.

As previously stated, the voice acting is good, and as its skippable if you are levelling an alt you can space bar throught all the optional quests and just listen to your class specific ones.
Kelaan wrote:What do you dislike about SWTOR? What are your biggest gripes? (And are these things which WoW does better, or is it something both do poorly at?)
Class balance, UI, same old stuff that bugs everyone. Professions need looing at (what you can make, I actually like the sending your companions of to do the work for you bit)
Empire being much better at huttball because they get so much practic at it

Game randomly running like crap on super snazzy computers but running fine on middle of the road ones.
Kelaan wrote:Do you play both WoW and SWTOR? (Or, if you have a wow subscription, is it only for D3 plus beta access to pandas?)
Only SWTOR now, everyone I know quit WoW and the people were the only reason I was continuing to play. Im not even guilded in SWTOR at the moment and having a lot more fun than I was in WoW.
Kelaan wrote:Did you swap to SWTOR because you had "finished" Cataclysm, or because the game just does a lot of things better? (if it does)
See above.
Kelaan wrote:If you PvP, what do you like better about the pvp than wow's? Aside from Huttball (which I admit seems a bit more fun than CTF), is there anything else? Is there an equivalent to arenas, or is it all larger group combat?
1 - 49 PVP is great fun, classes are more evenly balanced even if scoundrels have to wait till 32 to get their class defing ability and shadows have to wait till 40.
50 still needs some balancing, DPS Sages/Sorcerors can currently heal for more than intended due to the PVP stat buffing healing done but once you have some PVP gear it starts to get a lot more fun again.
Hutball has good potential, a few more hutball maps and some rated Warzones and they may have finally created a sport I am interested in.
The limit on 4 people in a premade is a huge improvement, A good team can still kick ass but premades are no longer only beatable once in a blue moon.
There are no arenas and no plans to include arena, which is a mixed blessing. Bribing people into arena by making the best gear come from there only was a terrible idea on Blizzards part, I only ever met 1 person who did arena for fun, everyone else did it to gear up so they could survive more than a few seconds in BGs (not implying there were not lots of people who enjoyed arena as there obviously were)
I served my time pillar humping s2-5 and have no desire to return to it.
But it is also a shame that the people who liked it dont have that option, question is, would an arena without best in slot gear rewards be popular enough.
Kelaan wrote:I realize this is a very small sample size, but is server balance completely hosed? Last I'd heard, it sounded like Republic was outnumbered by a large margin, which makes a pvp server (or a pvp zone) sound very daunting.
My server is heavily Empire biased and it can cause problems during the week, Ilum can be a nightmare as it will be 2 full raids of Imps camping the Rep base (which is a bloody stupid thing to do as they get less kills that way) but weekends are the scene of some pretty epic battles due to Ilum being instanced with a cap of 50 or so players per side per instance.
The actual zones a large, like, really large, so unless you go looking for trouble you can level up without much hassle.