Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hearthstone

Skye1013
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Hearthstone

That's amazing... and thanks to the RNG of Knife Juggler... could have just as easily been a OTK for the other guy.
KysenMurrin
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: Hearthstone

(It's a setup to demonstrate how it works, based on a recent Hearthstone Science vid.)


In other news, this tavern brawl doesn't like me:
http://i.imgur.com/UXDV5La.jpg
Skye1013
Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: Hearthstone

What's the theme? I haven't checked into this week's.
KysenMurrin
Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Every spell you cast summons a minion of the same mana cost. So people are running 24-30 spell decks, it's crazy and very random.
Skye1013
Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Sounds almost perfect for my miracle rogue deck... though warlock might be better for the guaranteed card draw...
KysenMurrin
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:53 am

Re: Hearthstone

Most people are playing Mage. Cost reductions like Sorceror's Apprentice reduce the value of the minion summoned, by the way. Prep-Fan of Knives is likely to get you two Wisps.

The very first deck I created when I saw the format was a Mage with Counterspells and Spelbenders as the secrets. I ran up against someone who was using Duplicate, which I didn't understand at all. I've tried every class except Priest so far. Warrior is a joke, can barely manage. Druid is pretty good, though.

It's a very board-floody format, although it also kind of rewards high cost spells.
Worldie
Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:32 am

Re: Hearthstone

Twisting Nether pls.
KysenMurrin
Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:31 am

Re: Hearthstone

Nope. Minion is summoned before the spell takes effect. Unless you're the lucky bastard who gets Sneed's Old Shredder, you just get an empty board.

And if you're up against a Druid a board clear will just mean 7 enemy Treants, anyway.
Kai
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:25 am

Re: Hearthstone

think most classes are fine. at first I had the same idea s worldie and built a rogue deck with vanish. but yeah, doesn't work like spells do. in this case the trigger comes first and then the spell resolves. played against a warrior, seemed more then fine. slam, cleave, shield block, execute, mortal strike, crush, battle rage, the draw a card and creatures can't go below 1 health. there's quite a few good spells.
Torquemada
Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 am

Re: Hearthstone

My wife and I have been annihilating as Priest. The funniest game was when my opponent and I both ended up with Lorewalker Cho on the board. I ended up getting off about 3 or 4 Unstable Portals, which came in really handy when one of them gave me Velen. You'd be surprised what Velen + Velen's Chosen + several stolen Arcane Explosions can do.

The funniest is watching someone's face when they plop down Antonidas or Kel'Thuzad and then stealing it with Mind Control and getting a Deathwing for free.
Skye1013
Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Re: Hearthstone

First couple games I played a mage with basically every mage spell I own. Lots of freezing/aoe/direct damage spells. Added in a couple Mana Wyrms and Flamewaker. Probably could have been better, but it won my first game (vs rogue) and lost my second (vs priest.) Then tried to build a paladin deck that just failed horribly. I might have forgotten to put in Consecration...
KysenMurrin
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:51 am

Re: Hearthstone

I played Priest in the Brawl last night and it's the most fun I've had in this game in ages. Just keep playing it non-stop now.
Torquemada
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:09 am

Re: Hearthstone

It's amazing how many people are playing Thaurissan and Sorcerer's Apprentices... You WANT expensive spells. I had to thank the guy who turned my Shadow Word Death into Rag.
KysenMurrin
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:30 am

Re: Hearthstone

Yeah, I had a game where Loatheb turned my Smite into a Thaurissan. Which eventually turned all my minions into 1 drops and Wisps, unfortunately.
Jabari
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:57 am

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:I played Priest in the Brawl last night and it's the most fun I've had in this game in ages. Just keep playing it non-stop now.


This is the best Brawl yet. It's great when Mass Dispel is one of the best cards in the game LOL.

I played completely broken OP Druid, of course. Innervate and Wild Growth spawning guys is sick, Soul of the Forest is insane (it spawns the guy first), and Recycle is a full silence + hard removal + if they actually draw the guy again it sucks. Starfire and Nourish are both also insane.

Had a friend go Coin->Innervate->Soul on turn 1. The Soul spawned a Pit Lord. Ow.
KysenMurrin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:53 am

Re: Hearthstone

Hard countered by the Priest who waits until you empty your hand to cast Mass Dispel, though, haha.
Nooska
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Hearthstone

that....


that... looks.. very VERY unintended... O.o
KysenMurrin
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Hearthstone

I actually found a situation where you can play Millhouse without being too scared of his effect, haha.
KysenMurrin
Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Hearthstone

Tavern Brawl! (Just realised you can't tell from the picture - that's turn 2.)

The matchmaking seems odd today. My games have been Mage vs Priest x 5, then Shaman vs Warlock x 2.
Jabari
Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Hearthstone

Thoughts on the new stuff revealed so far?

The Shaman stuff looks really good. Golem is probably great, and Tuskarr is borderline OP (which is fine, Shaman needed something). I personally think the Valiant is a great great card but we'll see.


For this week's Brawl: Best cards are Turn 1 Alex, MC, and ... Annoy-o-tron of all things. HELLO blocks all the big stuff everyone's running while allowing you to play Boom or KT or whatever on the same turn.
KysenMurrin
Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Hearthstone

Yeah, Shaman got a lot of love with these first few new cards. They probably put good Shaman cards in the first reveal on purpose. Not sure about the revealed cards overall - we're missing a lot of the picture.

The Hunter cards are odd, because they don't fit the current Hunter archetype, so we can't really say if they're playable until we see more.
Ironshield
Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:14 am

Re: Hearthstone

Not really loving this week's tavern brawl, can't really wrap my head around building a decent deck, and with Legendaries etc... thin on the ground in my collection, it's a bit annoying. But I've loved pretty much all the previous ones.

Excited about the new cards, but wondering if there is any plan to give newbies a bit of a catch-up mechanic as the number of cards increases...
Worldie
Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:41 am

Re: Hearthstone

Not a fan of this brawl either (But in general I'm not liking the ones where you got to build your own deck).

In my own opinion, the easiest to win deck is Priest. With Mind Controls, very cheap removals and two 2 card draws (thoughtsteal) it's very easy to get ahead of the opponent and then just snowball down.