Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hearthstone

KysenMurrin
Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Re: Hearthstone

They're both really bad decks, but the Hunter deck is top heavy and has worse cards. Unless you get very lucky with good early game, you lose. The mage deck has more small minions and more stuff that interacts with each other.
Jabari
Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:25 am

Re: Hearthstone

Food for thought:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3hu0c6/the_value_trap_or_how_to_lose_in_style/

Small sample size so far, but I've adjusted my Shaman deck accordingly and, as weird as the decklist looks right now, it seems to be working reasonably well.

(2 Chow AND 2 Healbot is odd-looking. I also have a 4th big win-condition, most Shaman decks have 3 at most. Boom, Neptulon, Al'Akir, and Rag. Took out the Lightning Storms totally, they're really not that good and VERY slow - I'd rather compete for board with Chow/Creeper/Harvest and DoA.)
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Anyone successfully got in yet? I know it's only been four hours since launch, and I'm not expecting miracles, but maybe someone managed it?

(EU is currently on a 1 hour maintenance after 3 hours of no one being able to get/stay online.)


Edit: Okay, I eventually got online. Between prepurchase and gold, I opened 75 packs. 5 legendaries, 15 epics, 12 golden cards, and 1300 dust from extras. I have amazon coins left for more packs, but I can't seem to log in on the tablet.
Legendaries were: Bolf Ramshield, Mistcaller, Rhonin, Acidmaw, and Icehowl.
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Hey, so, if you noticed that Blizzard had accidentally priced 7 TGT packs at £1.99 on the EU mobile version, would you take advantage of that, or do you think Blizzard will do something to people that do?
Passionario
Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:Hey, so, if you noticed that Blizzard had accidentally priced 7 TGT packs at £1.99 on the EU mobile version, would you take advantage of that, or do you think Blizzard will do something to people that do?

Says £7.99 to me. :?
KysenMurrin wrote:Edit: Okay, I eventually got online. Between prepurchase and gold, I opened 75 packs. 5 legendaries, 15 epics, 12 golden cards, and 1300 dust from extras. I have amazon coins left for more packs, but I can't seem to log in on the tablet.

78 packs, 2 legendaries (Saraad and Eadric), 11 epics.
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Yep, looks like they fixed the price sometime overnight. (Should be £6.99, though - are you on iPad?)

I eventually got onto the mobile version and spent most of my Amazon coins on 55 more packs. Pulled 7 more legendaries, including 3 duplicates.

I'm now trying to spend the last of my coins on 5 x 2 packs, but I disconnected after the first purchase and now it's showing the shop closed and my packs haven't appeared yet. (Apparently my account now has a pending purchase from the tablet preventing me from accessing the store on my PC, too. Yay.)
KysenMurrin
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:19 am

Re: Hearthstone

Okay, I managed to get 8 of my 10 packs before I had to go to work. I bought the other two but they didn't show up in my account in time. I got my third Skeleton Knight.

Legendaries, from 138 packs opened:
Acidmaw x 2
Anub'arak
Bolf Ramshield
Dreadscale x 2
Icehowl
Mistcaller
Nexus-Champion Saraad
Rhonin
The Skeleton Knight x 3

Always disappointing to get a duplicate when you thought you were getting another legendary... I may have to craft Varian, Aviana, Gormok, the Twins and Trueheart. I have 7000+ dust, from saving up and from disenchanting all the dupes, so I'll need to decide which four first...


I've not actually had a chance to play a single game yet, but judging by comments I'm seeing around the place the things I have to look forward to on ladder are:
- Murloc Paladin and/or Aggro Paladin w/ Murloc Knights
- Dragon Priest (very strong, apparently)
- Totem Shaman
- Combo Hunter
- Ramp Druid w/ Aviana
- Control Warrior w/ Varian
- Patron Warrior. Just, the exact same Patron Warrior.


My plans: I'm two cards short of my Astral Communion deck. Gonna craft my second Communion then try out the deck with Icehowl instead of Trueheart.
I have two Priest Dominance quests, so I'll also be crafting Chillmaw and trying Dragon Priest.
Jabari
Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:23 am

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:Legendaries, from 138 packs opened:

<...>

- Murloc Paladin and/or Aggro Paladin w/ Murloc Knights
- Dragon Priest (very strong, apparently)
- Totem Shaman


That's a disappointing set of legendaries. :( Dreadscale is great and Rhonin is probably good but that's about it, the rest are either garbage or Saraad (which is flashy but slow and bad). Bolf might be good but it's just a 0/9 taunt for 6 usually where Healbot would be better most of the time - we'll see on that one.

As far as decks go, it looks like there are actually 3 good Inspire cards - Valiant (which I always thought was legit), Murloc (which is a crapload of board presence for a 6-drop *laugh*), and Savage Combatant. That's 2 of those decks there (it's just aggro pali with the knights, not full murloc). Dragon Priest just got a ton of really good early-game tools, and nobody has ever questioned Priest's late-game.

Poll Question: Gormock secretly OP?
KysenMurrin
Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:19 am

Re: Hearthstone

Because I have more money than sense, apparently, I bought another 2500 Amazon coins, which got me another 32 packs. I got golden Gormok the Impaler, and a regular Eadric the Pure. Gormok seems to be pretty good, I've been planning to try him in Shaman for a while. Wish it'd been one of the Acidmaws or Skeleton Knights that came out golden, though...
Worldie
Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Hearthstone

Anyone has a proper decklist for Dragon Priest? I'd give it a go maybe... I have enough dust to craft a few rares.
KysenMurrin
Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:55 am

Re: Hearthstone

I threw a Dragon Priest together just from what seemed to fit, and I'm now 0/4 with it. :(

Turns out Astral Communion's pretty terrible. Can't spend a whole turn just playing it, you get behind on board and never come back. Oh well, I tried.

Edit: On the other hand, I just managed the turn 1 Communion into turn 2 Ysera for the first time, which is fun.
Edit2: Turn 1 Communion 2 games in a row!
Worldie
Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I do get that the whole "Communion on turn 1, insane minion on turn 2" is super fun... but it seembs SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RNG prone that it makes absolutely no sense outside of random plays for fun.
You have to draw into AC + innervate + coin/another innervate at start, AND must topdeck a strong minion on turn 2 AND the enemy must not have a cheap removal spell like Hex on turn 3.
KysenMurrin
Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: Hearthstone

If they hex turn 3, that's all they do on their turn. Then I have 10 mana again.
KysenMurrin
Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:20 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Opened a pack with gold just now, and got another legendary! ...It was my third Acidmaw. :(
Worldie
Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:03 am

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:If they hex turn 3, that's all they do on their turn. Then I have 10 mana again.

Then you have to hope for *yet another* topdeck :P


I don't know I hate relying on RNG. I play decks that can guarantee me plays rather than having to hope I get blessed with draws.
KysenMurrin
Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:24 am

Re: Hearthstone

That's why I put so much focus on having cards that are useful when topdecked in my Communion deck. I didn't even include Aviana, because Aviana is awful as the only card in hand. The only completely dead draw in my deck is Innervate, though Keeper, Swipe, and 1-off Mulch can also be bad.

So far, I've had some good games and some bad ones, but mostly lost - usually when I just lose too much tempo from the Communion and the opponent fills the board. I think Druid needs a good board clear for it to work.

It is nice to play Communion, topdeck Nexus Champion Saraad, Inspire into a Tracking, and see the opponent concede.
Passionario
Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Hearthstone

It turns out that T3 Coin+Dreadsteed, T4 Rivendare spins out of control VERY quickly.
Worldie
Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Re: Hearthstone

How does a 1/1 "get out of control" ?
KysenMurrin
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Hearthstone

6 Dreadsteeds is 6 unremovable damage every turn.
Jabari
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:6 Dreadsteeds is 6 unremovable damage every turn.


Heh, it might be a decent card after all. That 4 mana cost is kinda nasty, though.

(Brawl, picked Warlock because Quest. Drop Wilfred into an empty board, tap next turn into a free Dreadsteed. Dreadsteed is good when he costs 0. :lol: )
KysenMurrin
Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Oh, it's way too gimmicky to be a consistent deck. But it can do crazy stuff. Kripp was playing a not-so-serious deck with Dreadsteed, Baron, Kel'thuzad, Mortal Coil, Faceless Manipulator, and Sac Pact, and when he went against a Freeze Mage it won pretty easily because they couldn't clear.
KysenMurrin
Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Re: Hearthstone

Welp, I got so frustrated at the constant barrage of Paladins, Hunters and Mages, that I went ahead and switched to a Midrange Hunter with Flare, Ironbeak, and a Kezan.

Edit: Then I got the quest for 5 Tavern Brawl wins, went for Paladin, and won a game I should have lost by dropping Nozdormu one turn, then on the next equipping Truesilver, sending everything to face, and playing Tuskarr Jouster, all as fast as I could to waste the opponent's turn timer.
Worldie
Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Re: Hearthstone

KysenMurrin wrote:6 Dreadsteeds is 6 unremovable damage every turn.

Ah i see... well that indeed gets interesting very fast :P Sadly, not quite something consistent.

p.s. imagine somehow getting the warrior charge minion with a dreadsteel :lol:
Passionario
Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:21 am

Re: Hearthstone

Worldie wrote:How does a 1/1 "get out of control" ?

Image

That's how.
KysenMurrin
Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Hearthstone

Losing stars like crazy the last two days. Even with good decks. Down from rank 6 5 stars to middle of rank 8.

Edit: I'm giving up on new decks. Back to the deck I had the highest win rate with: Combo Druid. Added two Darnassus Aspirants, but otherwise the same.
Edit2: Didn't work. Kept losing. Got down to the bottom of rank 9.