Skip to content
Maintankadin

Star Wars; Old Republic

Culhag
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

What's Tibia ?
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Culhag wrote:What's Tibia ?

A bone in your leg.
Culhag
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Then i disagree that it "Doesn't have any desirable trait" even if it's quite simple. :D
Vanifae
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

I looked at your article, not impressed.
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

I wasn't trying to impress.
Vanifae
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Tibia sucks, SWTOR is the new hotness.
Snake-Aes
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Or is it?
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

I can't view the page at work so can someone fill me in on it? When is the projected release date, what phase of testing are they on? What are the classes and races as of now. The only concern I have over it is with SOE, are they involved in this game? I think that was a big downfall of SWG. However I have debated on reinstalling to see if it's improved any.
Vanifae
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

TonicTank wrote:I can't view the page at work so can someone fill me in on it? When is the projected release date, what phase of testing are they on? What are the classes and races as of now. The only concern I have over it is with SOE, are they involved in this game? I think that was a big downfall of SWG. However I have debated on reinstalling to see if it's improved any.

No release date.

No talk of races yet, all classes shown have been human.

SoE is not involved.

Bioware is developing the game with EA backing them.
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Vanifae wrote:No release date.

No talk of races yet, all classes shown have been human.

SoE is not involved.

Bioware is developing the game with EA backing them.

Human is a race. I know I read in here that Jedi, Smuggler, Trooper, and Bounty Hunter were some classes but I didn't know if they had unveiled anymore. I would like to see them bring Commando in from SWG, the heavy weapon aspect was pretty fun. Bioware is good from what I have seen, nothing to complain about there.
Vanifae
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Well of course Human is a race but I assumed you meant other then human.

I am pretty sure they won't bring in anything from SWG, but I am not even sure how a commando plays so it may already be covered by the Bounty Hunter or Trooper.
TonicTank
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Vanifae wrote:Well of course Human is a race but I assumed you meant other then human.

I am pretty sure they won't bring in anything from SWG, but I am not even sure how a commando plays so it may already be covered by the Bounty Hunter or Trooper.

It sounds like the Trooper honestly. They had heavy weapons that allowed you in free target mode, the game featured sticky targeting, would put a disk on the ground much like our aoe spells. I would hope they keep some aspects of the game but changing the gameplay completely is definately in order. I do like the heroic questing idea, it kind of keeps things fresh.

I would almost gaurantee you that our next xpac is completely like this. They are trying to figure out how to implement flying in Kalimador and Eastern Kingdoms and that sort of makes the job easier since the lowbies would be in a different "zone."

Edit for spelling and grammar, I am half asleep and keep forgetting to preview and read before I submit.
Arnock
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Think less SWG and more KotOR in game mechanics
Dane
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:58 pm

Re: Star Wars; Old Republic

Baelor wrote:
EDIT:
So seriously, I want a light-side Maintankadin guild/clan on an EST US server. Who's in? Name suggestions?
I'm thinking <Fail Safe>


I'm in for all of that except the EST part.