Skip to content
Maintankadin

Hearthstone

Sagara
Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I'm starting to see more and more in Unranked as well, probably due to my MMR going up over time.
Still managed a 8 win in Arena for a whoppin 240 gold :D
Passionario
Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Hearthstone

sahiel wrote:Yeah, i'm playing 2* Plat atm and it seems as if almost every single deck has a Ysera and a Deathwing now, plus any race appropriate ones (I had 5 Murlock rush decks in a row last night all different people, all with the murloc legendary). /sigh

Crafting a Murloc rush set is a good investment. It allows for quick completion of "win X games as class N", and you get a free legendary out of it.
Worldie
Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:40 am

Re: Hearthstone

The problem with legendary cards is that they are so strong, that you essentially need to destroy them the round they are played, or you are fucked.

Feels a bit too unbalanced to me and easily leading to a pay-to-win system :\
Sagara
Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:58 am

Re: Hearthstone

Meh. They are indeed mighty and all that, but in the end, it's an enormous amount of the power, and itty bitty living space.

I tend to always keep a clear of some sort in my hand until I'm in my last gasps, so that's never really been an issue.

And if he drops another one the next turn, welp, A) he probably doesn't have much on the board left at that point, and B) I've probably build up a bit of a board advantage, so I can either pray for another clear, gang-bang the big bad monster, or just shoot the guy playing.

Honestly, I consider my own Illidan a bait to keep the enemy busy a little while while I build up a serious threat on the side - but there are quite a few basic or common cards that are just as threatening for the same cost (Windfury Harpy comes to mind)
Passionario
Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 am

Re: Hearthstone

Worldie wrote:...you essentially need to destroy them the round they are played, or you are fucked.

To be fair, the same can be said about quite a few non-legendaries. An unchecked Ragnaros or Deathwing can kill you quickly, but so can a runaway 10/10 Questing Adventurer or Lightspawn.
Sagara
Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:12 am

Re: Hearthstone

I feel that compared to other CCGs, each and every minion is a very real threat for its cost, and their destruction is pretty much numero uno on your to-do list, only firing potshots at the enemy hero whenever the board is clear.

It's *way* too easy to get overwhelmed if you leave anything up for more than a couple of turns.
Worldie
Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Hearthstone

I do agree often, despite legendaryes, the first who leaves the other player with several minions up loses.

Unless you are a mage. Damn op mages.
Sagara
Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Hearthstone

Played an arena mage twice now, once with 3 flamestrike, another with 3 blizzards and a flamestrike. The number of insane comebacks I managed is STUPID AWESOME.
Worldie
Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: Hearthstone

The Aoe damage of mages is a bit too insane atm. Can wipe out pretty much everything in a couple cards and then swarm you back.

That, and polymorph.
Sagara
Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Hearthstone

New draft, picked Paladin.

3 Blessings of Wisdom.

FOUR.
FUCKING.
BLESSING.
OF KINGS.

Bitches be whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
Sagara
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:20 am

Re: Hearthstone

For some reason, the game seems to bless me with insane Paladin Arena draws

Knife Juggler
Pint Sized Summoner
Cult Master
Truesilver Champion
Sword of Justice
and a truckfull of very strong 2's 3's and 4's.
Passionario
Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:51 am

Re: Hearthstone

Speaking of insane Arena draws...

Image
Sagara
Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:06 am

Re: Hearthstone

Holy sweet mother...

Meanwhile my constructed weenie deck start to look like something...
bldavis
Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Hearthstone

so link is just broke for me :(
Sagara
Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:37 am

Re: Hearthstone

The short and sweet: he got 3 Mind Controls, Shadowform and an ysera, and in this fight, he managed to snatch Tirion and Guardian of Kings via MC.

Me guess either he Equality'ed the board out, or just conceded in disgust.
bldavis
Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Hearthstone

my god...
Passionario
Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:47 am

Re: Hearthstone

There was also a 4th Mind Control coming right up. It was not a fair deck. :oops:

(I still managed to lose a couple of games with it, both times to an early & overwhelming Shaman rush)
Andurin
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:20 am

Re: Hearthstone

For those interrested, I got an American key that I wont use (got in the EU beta). Anyone want it?
Shamora
Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Re: Hearthstone

I don't need it personally as I already have one, but I have a friend that could use it.
Andurin
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:24 am

Re: Hearthstone

PMed the key :) Enjoy ^^
Sagara
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 am

Re: Hearthstone

Got my hands on an Avenging Wrath and a Lay on Hands, and crafted a 2nd Juggler and a couple Owl for my constructed deck.

Playtesting went rather well TBH, started a bit rough against a weenie Hunter but he was a bit overeaged and I managed to swap the fight around by burning through my removals and dropping LoH. Second fight was against a nicely played Priest, but he got unlucky on the draw so he never did have a chance to turns things around.

I'm now torn between burning my "lower priority" cards and focusing on getting the big guns (Sword of Justice/Tirion/Ysera) or keeping what little I already have (a nice Pit Lord for my Warlock burn deck and my Illidan) and bide my time.
Andurin
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 am

Re: Hearthstone

Played a quick match yesterday with my paladin swarm deck ^^ Quite scary against this hunter... He was constantly in control and got me down to 8hp before he ran out of hand cards and I could start swarming ^^ Got 13 minions out in 2 turns (FU explosive trap) and managed to beat him with 2 hp left :D
Sagara
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 am

Re: Hearthstone

Andurin wrote:Played a quick match yesterday with my paladin swarm deck ^^ Quite scary against this hunter... He was constantly in control and got me down to 8hp before he ran out of hand cards and I could start swarming ^^ Got 13 minions out in 2 turns (FU explosive trap) and managed to beat him with 2 hp left :D


That's 6 minions per turn? o_O The only reason I'd ever drop *THAT* would be if I EXPECTED a board wipe and wanted to bait it out. Anyway, care to share decklists?

Here's mine

Future possible changes:
Another big gun and/or taunter (prospects: Dark Iron Dwarf, Defender of Argus, Argent Commander, Sunwalker, Stormwind Champion)
Re-integrate Aldor Peacekeeper
Laying my hands on Sword of Justice, AW and/or Tirion

Cards on the chopping block:
Novice Engineer
Raid Leader
Truesilver Champion (for SoJ)
Andurin
Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Hearthstone

Its mostly those kinda monster that have "Play this, get one free". And to finish it off trow in a couple of "All other stuff gets +1" ^^ My deck is loosly based on this one from the MMO-Champion forums. If I got time tonight i`ll make it in the deckbuilder with my modifications. (It looks quite a bit like yours tho).

And since my opponent had nothing on the field and no more cards in his hand, I figured I could go all out and play my hand to destroy him :p
Sagara
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 am

Re: Hearthstone

The amount of removal in every deck has turned me off Blessings as a whole. That makes a single removal able to nuke two cards, and seeing how weak our card advantage is, we can't really afford it.

(Same reason I'm not all that gung-ho about the Frostwolf guy)