Skip to content
Maintankadin

How to Solo Garr: A Guide for Warrior and Paladin Tanks

Lore
Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:49 am
There is also a spot on the wall you can stand on in the "waiting area" where neither core hound will aggro you. It's almost exactly where the "Safe Spot" dot is in this image from your guide:



There were a couple screenshots of it in the other Garr Solo thread. It's basically right at the corner just north of the red dot. You start near the hallway that leads toward Geddon/Shazzrah and slowly walk along the wall until that corner. It's tricky to find the exact spot but as long as there's no core hounds there at that exact moment, you can afford to fall off of the wall a few times while you're finding it.
_________________
I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
moduspwnens
Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:55 am
I've seen that spot before, but perhaps I just thought I'd aggro that annoying one and was too "chicken" to find out. Garr reset today, so I suppose I'll find out after work.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Seloei
Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:30 am
Hmmm...
while swimming there just now and having FR aura up, i got a few partial lava resists? Maybe a full FR gear + healgear mix can let you lava jump from start to end without needing to heal?
_________________
Zalaria
Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 pm
a small correction:

moduspwnens
Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:29 pm
Video Update: The video has been shot and edited (minus the audio), and I am now figuring out all the different formats it has to be in for Youtube, Vimeo, WCM, etc. ATM I am creating the full (3.60GB) AVI file, so I can split and format it into the different formats. Expect it to be available (hopefully) late tonight or tomorrow.

It will be directing people with questions to this thread.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
moduspwnens
Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:14 pm
Until I get the WarcraftMovies page up, here's a list of mirrors:

Vimeo (Stream Only)
http://www.vimeo.com/1254901

YouTube (Stream Only)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6om6-a352xM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GDGmamA_o

FileFront (Stream or Download)
http://files.filefront.com/How+to+Solo+Garr/;10858874;/fileinfo.html

Rapidshare (Download Only)
http://rapidshare.com/files/125991575/HowToGarr640x480WMV.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/125991576/HowToGarr640x480WMV.part2.rar

I'll add the video links to the original post once I get that WarcraftMovies link.

EDIT: I have nothing to compare how loud the music is. I hope it's not too loud. If you don't like it, I don't care, but let me know if it's too loud.

EDIT2: It's now available on WarcraftMovies:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=80881
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
moduspwnens
Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:48 pm
Well, it ends up that sometime between when I shot the video and finally got it edited and uploaded, someone else did a How To: Solo Garr video. I think mine is better, so it's not bothering me.

His is from a warrior PoV, and is available here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okS3WFu5V24
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
moduspwnens
Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:03 am
Hmm. I'll try it out again, then, but I feel like if I move any closer to the Firelord, I'll aggro him, but if I don't get any closer, I'll aggro the hound.

Will try it out for sure after the reset, though.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
kolori
Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:54 pm
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhLcxZVfxtocziIoz

Im gonna try with this spec next time, to see how much faster I can kill Garr, I'd expect quite a big difference if I can be arsed to spam crusader strike for an hour or two Smile