Skip to content
Maintankadin

Azjol-Nerub Achievement: Gotta Go!

Belloc
Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:16 am
The method I posted is the only method that I've heard of anyone using to complete the encounter. You don't have to skip more than one burrow phase for this to work... one will be fine. One group said that they got him from 80%~ to 59% during the locust swarm WITHOUT heroism, so getting him under 50% with heroism should be easy.

Also, I think there is a hunter ability that stacks with tongues/mind-numbing, but I don't know what it is.


Also, this is the exact same strategy used to get the achievement on Herald in Ahn'kahet. His insanity can be slowed, and if you wait for a mind flay, you can have enough time to DPS 33%~ of his health. If you DPS him from 66% to 33%, you'll actually get TWO sets of insanity adds (10 mobs) at once... So take him from 34% to 0%, and you'll skip the entire second insanity.
voitstarr
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:56 pm
hmmm i must get my guild to try it with our t6 teams Very Happy
_________________
PsiVen
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:36 am
You have a few seconds while he goes to burrow to damage him past the next threshold, but that won't be enough alone. You need to put a casting slow on him, and then burn >50% to <25% in a single round. That'll give you at least 10 seconds if timed well to take him out. You should be expecting ~1600 DPS from the tank and 2000 from each DPS, so have the healer toss a nuke or two and round it up to 8000. Plus any other sort of burst you can pull in 10 seconds, it's certainly possible.

Also he does take damage from DoTs and AoE for a few seconds underground, which can be significant. We regularly see him pop back up at 65% without any special effort to burn him faster.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
moduspwnens
Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:18 pm
Alright. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard. I'll get my normal achievement group in there and if we get close, I'll know that DPS is the only thing holding us back.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Dork
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:03 pm
I'm down to needing just a handful to finish this. I have the others planned/know how to do them, but this one remainds uncertain =/

Going to play around with the dots ticking while underground and see how it goes.
_________________
Dork <Audacious> of Magtheridon
Abyssian
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:42 pm

Well

Here is what I've read on this. Apparently before the DK Heartstrike, the BM hunter pet core hound cast slow, and a curse of tongues all stacked on him. This has since been hotfixed to no longer stack. So now you are down to just mind numbing or curse of tongues. The strategy with this guy is this. Get good enough DPS and just go in and all out BURN BURN BURN, You need to get VERY lucky and have him start a cast when he is at 76% HP, then you have about 5 seconds from his cast and turning around to get him down BELOW 50%, that way he burrows but you've skipped a burrow phase. Then you will get FOUR adds to come up, kill them and he reappears then you need to burn AGAIN and get very lucky AGAIN and have him start a cast at 26% then you need him to DIE before he burrows. YOU CANNOT do this if he burrows twice. You can only allow ONE SINGLE burrow and other than that you need the dps to take him from 75 to 50 in about 6 seconds.
arilink
Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:24 pm
Has anyone tried pulling him off his platform from the exitside?
Maybe sprinting over before the wall closes or something?

Edit: Saves rep bills, thanks Wink
Dork
Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 am
Last one I need pretty much. The experienced drake rider is just a matter of riding that drake while winning, so I'll get that np.

Should be pounding at this one tomorrow, will post if we find anything that makes it easier.
_________________
Dork <Audacious> of Magtheridon