I solo strat all the time. Check my gear. It's nothing amazing. Here's the how I do it. I have yet to have a full clear run where I didn't get an epic drop (7 runs now)
1.) take as much gear as you can, and repair bots if you are an eng. You can vendor stuff on the fly, and I normally come out 75-100g ahead on a full clear.
2.) Find a mix of block + BV gear for trash. If you have FotC it's even better.
3.) Find a good spell damage set for bosses. I have taken all the bosses in there outside of the last 1 on each side in my questing gear. It's 11k armor, 11k HP, and 560 Spell damage AND 8k mana.
4.) take pots. health and mana
5.) take water.
6.) first couple of times, take some elixirs. try things out. You want to find what will work for you and what makes the run comfortable for you.
7.) on Baron, I went in my full on uncrush set (I know you is way low and doesn't crush), and I just tanked him down with wisdom on him, judging righteousness and busting abilites when I can.
I solo this place mainly for the mount, and the orbs. THe runeblade would be awesome too.
_________________
My Paladin
TBC: {11/11 kz}{2/2 gl} {1/1 mag} {6/6 za} {6/6 ssc} {4/4 TK} {4/5 MH} {9/9 BT} I HATE YOU ARCHIMONDE