Skip to content
Maintankadin

Black Morass Farming

Nagilum
Mon May 05, 2008 10:40 am
I typically do it in two pulls. It takes me 20 minutes/instance. I get about 10 silk an instance, or 30/hour. With all of the gold out there from dailies and such Spider Silk has gone up to almost 10g each. This is in my passive uncrushable set which is around 98% passive avoidance. Once I have them clumped I throw on my spell damage weapon and sporegar shield and burn them down. The biggest things that will mess me up is if I mismange my GCD's and don't keep consecrate up constantly, or if I get too many behind me.
Tandors
Sat May 10, 2008 7:18 am
Well i just tried again today with much better gear. I died. I had 15% chance to be hit this time. I lasted for about 45 seconds but died fast after my trinket stopped. Is 15% away from passive uncrushablilty enough?
_________________
Janduin
Sun May 11, 2008 11:22 pm
You probably need to be closer to passive uncrush. Remember how many mobs you are pulling. If each has a 15% chance to hit you, you will take 15% of their combined dps and be toast very quickly.

I do this occasionally and have no problems but I am 98% passive uncrush in the gear set I use.
_________________
Worldie
Mon May 12, 2008 8:28 am
It's extremely risky to attempt this with less than 95% passive uncrushabilty. You need something more than 98% for complete unhittabilty, but anywhere less than 90% means you WILL die if you pull more than 10-20 mobs.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Gottverdamnt
Thu May 29, 2008 12:19 pm
I've got late Kara gear at the moment (4 blues or so still) and have farmed BM for probably about 80 silks total so far. I'm nowhere close to passively uncrushable (71% mitigation is what I farm with) but by being selective with the pulling I can usually grab most of the spiders from here in about 3 pulls, which end up being 12-20 mobs at a time.

The key to living for me is waiting until I am under 1.5k life (to allow the maximum amount of time for Ardent Defender to safely mitigate) and then pop Dabri's and Figurine of the Colossus at the same time. The more mobs I have on me the quicker my health fills up and it's nice to go from 10% life to full and stay there for the 20s duration of the effect.

When I die, the reason is usually that I went OOM for one reason or another. The poisons that the spiders put on me do far more dmg than the other melee creatures. I basically have to clease any poisons I get asap, and if have to clease too many I go OOM and die anyway.

It sounds like poison is not a concern for the other farmers here; am I correct to assume that poison cannot be applied to you if you block a spider's hit?

I've been tempted to bring in a mage or lock and try to take the place in 1 or 2 pulls. I figure if I am invincible for 20s with my trinkets popped, that's probably long enough for me and a mage to kill everything.

P.S. With my setup, 70% mitigation, the only way I am able to do this efficiently at all if because of FotC; otherwise, the values others have quoted are probably pretty strict.
Tandors
Fri May 30, 2008 2:23 pm
Is this even possible to do without having killed vashj or kael. I can only seem to be able to get up to being 11.28% away. Can someone link the gear they used?
_________________
Morpheren
Fri May 30, 2008 2:30 pm
I usually do this with a resto shaman. Any healer works but they are likely to be the one thats most likely a skinner. But you have to take into account that will cut your profit in half, as well as you're footing the repair bill and he isn't.

I ran it a good 20 times over a night (lots of beer), and made a good chunk of change, but it takes a LONG ASS time to unload all that on the AH, without flooding the market and killing the price.
_________________
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.



http://armorylite.com/us/kael%27thas/korialstraz
Tandors
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:22 pm
After a ton of gold and lots of badges spent I finally managed to do it, Now my only problem is that some times mobs seem to go through solid objects and manage to get behind me. Is there any perfect spot that mobs can't get you from behind?
_________________
Makaijin
Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:36 am
I tried this yesterday doing the whole instance in 1 pull. Unfortunately I died rather painfully. Not because of my gear, but having like around 100 mobs with your graphics setting on max will cripple even the fastest computers. My framerate dropped to like 2 fps and I couldn't position myself properly in time to avoid getting raped from behind.

I ended up clearing in 2 pulls per.
_________________
Doogiehowser
Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 am
Umm. . .maybe my eyes are bad, but in the video, it appears you still had crusader aura on! To me, that makes it much more impressive!!

Very cool stuff though. A skinners dream!