Skip to content
Maintankadin

How to Solo Baron Geddon as a Paladin

Chunes
Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:47 am
what is the current status of this strategy's viability in light of the recent string of nerfs? have any rets successfully downed geddon now that so much has changed?
PsiVen
Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:35 pm
I'm going to guess that nobody has since as of last check the servers aren't even back up yet from the patch.

But I have serious doubts. The JotW and SoL/JoL changes mean that you will be lucky to have enough mana to Judge and keep yourself healed with no other damaging ability thrown in. I'm questioning my ability to kill Ony again post-patch.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Chunes
Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:01 pm
ah yeah, i originally meant the hotfixed nerfs, not even today's patch. I've been at work all day and thus ignorant for the most part that there was a large patch happening right now.
Chunes
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:20 pm
good to know! thanks for the update mystakal!
loladine
Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:31 pm
!!! Brag inc !!!

Geddon droped my binding wooooo TF here i come
phaqueue
Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 pm
so with the nerfs - has anything really changed as far as gearing? also - anyone who hit 80 on Beta - predictions on whether the needed gear will change come level 80??

I really want to see my other binding now that I got the Garr one (in a pug - go go good roll!)

Just wondering what I should focus on at 80 to be able to solo geddon...

thanks!
Krazy
Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:59 am
I tried it now that I'm 80 but my gear is rather sub par for this at the moment. I was at around 365 fire resist with aura but still taking a lot of damage from the bomb and his pulse. I thought this might be something you could breeze through like garr but it is really intense.

With around 700 spell power I still found it impossible to keep myself alive and my mana up enough to cast heals. With 1000+ spell power it should be much easier. Once I get more healing plate and some better fire resist gear I'm gonna try it again. I also need to setup an alert for when I have mana burn because a couple times I died due to forgetting to decurse it and my mana was completely drained.

The level 75+ green "of fire protection" plate is far superior to the old badge epic gear so I'm continually checking the AH to see what pieces of that I can grab.
_________________
Mystakal
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 am
I'll just give an update as to how I've done it the past few weeks at 80.

First, you do not have to kill Garr. Since the patrol's aggro radii decrease as a function of your level he can be killed fine on the ledge outside of the tunnel in Garr's room without aggroing the corehound pats. I still remain stationary and eat the infernos.

Second, as far as spec I still had to do it as ret with some points in holy. I tried as protection but was not able to keep up with the mana and healing demands. Since my ret gear is sub par, I use tank gear along with FR gear and just kill him with judgements, shield slams and crusader strikes.

The last time I went he was down in 18 minutes.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/mystafide
Belloc
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:04 am
Note: 365 is not the FR cap at level 80. If you're gearing for that amount, fire damage will be hitting you harder than you expect.
_________________
Belloc
Krazy
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:00 am
Just killed him today...no bindings though Sad





Finally managed to get enough decent FR gear to get to 397 with aura, used a flask of chromatic wonder to hit about 430ish. With some better holy pieces I managed around 1k spell power. Took about 30 minutes to kill him.

I did it in Garr's spot due to the fact that I killed him already yesterday (I need both bindings).

Mystakal...you said you used tank gear? I did it as ret with FR pieces and holy gear mixed in like your initial guide says. If it can be done faster and easier with tank gear that would be pretty awesome.
_________________