Skip to content
Maintankadin

Compilation of AOE leveling locations

Fugg
Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:00 am
Update on my last post to the Scarlet Onslaught Spot.

The time for one pull is less then 2minutes. And atm im doing 14 mobs at once. That would lead to 400k-500k xp/h.

They only do a debuff from time to time that lowers your hit rating by 50%, you might miss some judgements but thats all.

The spot is very nice. 5 Camps, so you can do them one by one and when you have done one round they already respawned at the beginning. I only noticed some Alliance players there but there were not a problem to me.
Elsie
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:18 am
Converted Hero http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32255#abilities
Level 80

They are in packs of 8-10 and often 2 packs are in close proximity. They deal about 200-300 damage max, sometimes pulled with an add who is insignificant. Easily aoe'd down and drop cloth, lots of greys, some greens, and 10-38 silver each.

I'm already 80 so... no parse, but it's impossible to run out of packs even wandering aimlessly

Also the death knights initiates http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=30957#screenshots in the area are easily aoed... just move out of THEIR aoe and cleanse.
Sanctity
Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:17 am
Already posted elsewhere but this looked like another good place to ask:

I'm still grounded and a lazy ass, whats the quickest way on foot to icecrown? I assume through stormpeaks but it doesn't hurt to check. Very Happy

It sounds like there are lots of different things to grind there (i hate questing, lvl 76 and 57 quests done in northrend woooo!). Also please say any land based points of interest there. this "pit" sounds ok but where else, Co-ords if poss please.

ATM im killing animals and Venture Co in solazar basin but it is fairly camped Sad

Also, love the forum, only just discovered it but loving all the stuff, got myself some nice 96969 rotation macros to spam (just have them on 1 and 2 with cons and HS on F1 and F2 incase) and found some nice AoE locations.
_________________
I AoE, And I Tank Stuff... Yeah...
kywirelessguy
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:08 am
I got a druid to 80 before starting my Tankadin, so as soon as I got off the boat in borean tundra I headed straight for dragonblight and the beach below new hearthglen.

Avg 500k xp/hr with rested xp. 3 very distinct pulls, East, West, Middle w/ Boat. Fast respawns, All melee, no spells, no knockback. Easy peasy. I was getting around 2k per kill. Even with several people questing around me there were plenty of mobs to round up.

I think I'm going to continue to level my paladin this way. Just wait till he's got full rested and blow through it all in a couple hours. In the meantime I can level my hunter the old fashioned way.


Another fairly decent spot is right outside Warsong Hold in borean. All those rhino's. They are just kind of a pain to gather up since the majority aren't aggressive (yellow nameplates). But its nothing a little patience and consecrate can't handle, but really if you're already 70 you might as well just head straight to dragonblight.
_________________
Danfus
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:43 am

Levels 71-73: Iron Dwarves in southeast Howling Fjord.

About those guys "Levels 71-73: Iron Dwarves in southeast Howling Fjord."

Are you guys talking about the dwarves on the edge of the cliff there or there is a better place?

I am horde so i cant do the quest Sad

Ty - Great info site btw
Voxe
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:04 am
I found a place in the Western Part of the Howling Fjords. It's a small camp with 4 or 5 Kvalidr (I think). not a whole lot of mobs but the respawn rate is pretty fast, you can basically keep on going.

Just alternate between JoL and JoW and you'll be fine.

I am lvl 72 atm.

Will post more when I got the exact location
_________________
Neroth
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:49 am
I tried the Runesmiths and Brutes in Icecrown last night at lvl 77. Fairly safe spot to level and it wasn't crowded for me at the time. I was pulling to near the cauldron, but I just stood right on the top edge of one of the little rises and didn't have much trouble with the knockback. If you do this.... carry an extra shield. Mine was going red after about an hour to hour and a half of continuous pulling.

Once I hit 78 it was near continuous pulling with nice Frostweave drops. I got a number of greens to DE as well as two of the fire resist enchant. I put about 500g worth of mats on the AH when I was done not counting the two enchants.

Experiencewise.... I got just over 400k/hr on rested and around 200k/hr nonrested. It isn't the fastest. It definitley isn't as fast as questing as ret. I get a little over 300k/hr unrested on ret while trying to finish the quest achievement for each zone I enter. It is pretty much comparable to what I see when I'm running instances, and what I saw in Howling Fjord levelling as protection.