Skip to content
Maintankadin

Raid Level Boss Guide - Tankadin Evaluation

Invisusira
Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:26 am
Lurker Below
Null/Minor Advantage


Lurker has no abilities that specifically favor warriors or paladins. We have a slight advantage in snap aggro on the adds.
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
Warrender
Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:28 am
Somebody should really update this since I don't think Cordelia is around any more to do it.
_________________
jere
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:00 am
Some interesting things about MT'ing hydross. I actually find that I am more advantaged than the warrior tanks in some respecs (though disadvantaged in others):

We make transitions pretty solid. Horde paladins can use JoB to guaruntee a high threat pickup. Alliance paladins can pre-stack SoV before the transition and use a SoR/SoV combo at the transition for better initial threat. Personally, I find a SoV/SoR + Consecrate + JoV + AS to be a pretty solid transition threat burst.

Also, we have Avenging Wrath as a controlled on demand threat burst in case we experience a chain of resists, etc where as it is harder for other tanks to from parry/dodge/miss chains without making the dps slow down.

Finally, while it is true we get no use out of holy shield for this fight, we can use Avenger's shield for additional threat (he doesn't crush) or to help with add control at transitions (in addition to Consecrate).
_________________
cordelia
Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:03 am
OMG. Somebody kill me. 4 hours of my life gone. but the guide has been updated. Sorry for being soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo behind on updating this. I will endeavor to do better in the future.

Intro and Overall Comparison information added. Advantage/Disadvantage ratings separated into Main Tank and Tanking Core. Almost all comments revised to better target raid and guild leaders. Having tanked SSC/TK now, I was much better equipped to write the blurbs for all these bosses. Hyjal and BT boss blurbs still need fleshing out. Specifically BT boss blurbs. ZA bosses added. Sunwell not added yet. Will need input from others when 2.4 comes out, as I'm still stuck in SSC/TK.

Should I make a second thread, with an official guide that can be stickied, so this one can be buried in the archives with all the various comments from our local tankadins debating whether or not so and so X is a disadvantage/advantage/uber buff pally raid boss, or not?
_________________
Questioner
Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:09 am
Kaz'rogal - Perhaps its just my gear level, but I have never run Oom on the fight, and I've only ever died once, on our very first pull of him ever, and I always have a huge threat lead. I do use a mana pot usually.

For my guild, having myself tanking is an advantage, because I would be doing nothing otherwise, and have to use a pot anyway...while the warrior can put out 1000 dps, meaning Kazrogal dies faster.

Worse comes to worse, just gear for more threat and less avoidance and you'll get healed enough to get mana back AND you'll put out more damage/threat. Warriors do this on plenty of fights as well. Another option is to put a little bit of SR on so you resist the mana drain.


Whatever you change it to, we are most certainly not at a big disadvantage like the first post says. I would go for offsetting. Higher Burst Threat/Shorter Fight with a paladin tank VS Longer/Safer fight with a warrior/druid.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Lore
Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:53 am
I believe a full threat rotation vs. Kaz would be doable if you don't overgear the content. However, an overgeared Warrior will probably be a better MT than an overgeared Paladin. So it's kind of a strange situation.
_________________
The danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing!