Skip to content
Maintankadin

Strat Farming

daemonym
Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:07 pm
just wondering how you handle all the silence and mana drains on the undead side. with no int on my gear anymore i'm sitting pretty with 3.9k mana which goes fast even with BoSanc up when i'm being spam drained. and silence is well, silence.
_________________
ehly
Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:31 pm
Hmm. Have had zero problems with it. Just pull large groups to keep the mana stable. With the new Hammer I use a high dps wep so do just fine through any silence.

Have run it solo as prot several time recently just to try to finish out my AD rep. Did a run this morning only had to stop and drink like 2 times total. Once before Aboms, and once after Baron.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Origon
Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:50 pm
15minute clears as Ret. Only 2 Trash packs I clear heading to the slaughterhouse. First one is the pack on the stairs by Maleki (sp?) and the 2nd is the first set of ghouls on the right wall heading from maleki to the slaughterhouse. Everything else is easily skippable. Clear aboms, pull rammstein down into the baron area, kill him. Go up and kill the black guard, then run down and kill baron. Completely avoiding the (easy) nonelite skellies that way. Afterwards, invite someone to party, give them lead, then log out properly. This boots you from party, puts you at the start of the instance, and that instance is already a new copy so theres no need to head out and reset.

Almost finished farming my ad rep from neutral to exalted with this. 5 more scourge stones and then I can turn in 140 to hit exalted Very Happy
_________________
My two cents were stolen so here's some lint and a used toothpick

phaqueue
Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:25 am
Some quick notes on my runs - posted this in the "farming spots" thread - but I'll re-iterate some of it here... since it seems more approproiate...

My pally is currently specced ret (phaqueue on US-Magtheridon if you wanna armory) with meh gear... T6 legs and helm of the Illidari Shatterer, but nothing really that amazing...
My roommate's pally is currently specced Prot (full T6 with the KJ helm) and has better ret gear (for use as a prot pally) (Stiphy on US-Magtheridon if you wanna armory him also)

We decided to race the other night to see who could finish faster... and I won as a ret pally in bad ret gear... why?

You just TEAR through every mob in the place... you never have mana issues (this run was post-nerf) as long as you prioritize Judgement.

without looting anything (was just trying to race) I made it all the way through and dropped Baron in about 18 min or so... and I didn't run in when Romstein came out (missed the door)

Basically - this is my advice... in timing myself - I was able to run it twice before my bags filled up (boo at not being an enchanter for repair bots) I spend around 10g for repairs (that's without dying) and made around 60-80g before sharding BoE greens and blues (I ah the BoP blues... since I don't enchant)

overall, even as ret... without being an enchanter... once you learn the pathing - you can definitely get through pretty fast.

as far as the Aboms... in mostly T4 level (T4 and kara) gear... I was able to pull the aboms 1 side at a time... in my ret gear... I can pull about 5 before I have to use any kind of CD... (barring a string of no crits)

As far as them respawning so fast... the way they work has been noted before... but I'll put it here for easy reference...
When you pull the first one - they will start to slowly head towards the gate that you came into - if any of them reach the gate... the whole area respawns.
The easy fix to this? fight at the door and use exorcism to pull, it seems like the aboms to the right side will make their way there first - just keep your camera so that you can see the door, and keep freedom ready in case you need to chase one down...

the Baron is a joke as ret... watch your health - and try to use every Art of War proc.
I can usually drop him in 1-2 summons of adds at most.

Hope this helps some people...
Dianora
Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:57 pm
On this past Sunday, I specced Ret to double the amount of money I can make prior to WotLK (I have an Arcane mage for dailies). And out of boredom, I went Baron farming. As you can see, I have almost no experience in PVE as Ret, so I naturally line up Seal of Command. After 2 runs of that, I turn to Seal of Blood, and that worked much better. No mount yet, but when 3.1 rolls around, I'm farming Baron every chance I get.
_________________
Elsie
Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:14 pm
I dropped baron before any adds the other day. He's that simple.

Of course, today I'm prot since tanks on my server suck and can't hold aggro off someone doing only 1900 DPS in sethekk. Ugh.
Shoju
Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:15 am
I have been farming strath as ret for a couple of weeks now. I'm not in 'amazing gear' t5 mainly with a little t6, with a crappy weapon and legs.

I can do a baron run if I don't get impatient in 19 minutes. I do this once a day, and once or twice a week I full clear strath for the runecloth. People on my server are gaga over getting the ambassador title so I can sell stacks of runecloth for 11-17g a stack depending on the day, and a full clear of strath will net me around 20 stacks. PLUS BoP junk to sell, and BoE blues + epics for shard/AH-ing.

I have had the skullflame shield drop 3 times on full clear runs. That is essentially 500g in my pocket everytime it happens, and I don't even have to list it on the AH> People love that shield.
_________________
My Paladin
TBC: {11/11 kz}{2/2 gl} {1/1 mag} {6/6 za} {6/6 ssc} {4/4 TK} {4/5 MH} {9/9 BT} I HATE YOU ARCHIMONDE