Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Challenge: Solo a Fel Reaver.

Kethion
Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:42 pm
For me at least it was easier to solo in my arena healing gear :X
_________________

kywirelessguy
Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:11 am
My BV set now has about 705 BV. I guess I could bump it up a bit more with the badge trink. I'd like to try and kite 2 fel reavers to shatt at the same time...do any of them path close enough to make this possible? I know there is one that pats on the edge of HFP/Terrokar and one that pats near HFP/Zangar borders, but dragging one to the other might do too much damage and make it impossible to get all the way to shatt.
_________________
Lorath
Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:13 am
It just occurred to me, weapon suggestion for kiting to Shatt:

Mining Pick/Blacksmith Hammer with Lifesteal enchant Smile

I guess you could use Unholy to remove some of his damage too Razz if nothing else, the small twirling skulls pwn Very Happy
It's an item most of us carry anyway so no extra slot wasted.
_________________
Lorath, Human 70 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.thefallenorder.com
Eender
Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm


ALOT more hps than regular fel reavers and hit harder as well.
_________________


____________________________________

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender
Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:20 pm
I could only get 2 but there are 3 spawns. They are the lvl 72 elite ones up in the very north east corner of Hellfire where you do your very first TBC bombing run for a quest early on.

What I did was had a friend do a bombing run and clear the trash to make for a clean pull and then just kited the 2 back to Shat. Biggest problem was keeping them both in combat all the way to Shat, as they seem to like to bug out and despawn. If they stop and don't seem to want to move just judge them and it brings them right out of it. Also, you can use rank 1 Consecration.

All in all, it was a looooong walk.
_________________


____________________________________

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Worldie
Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:24 pm
Mmm i'll try it when servers come back up. If they have more HP than their "normal" counterpart, it should be easier to kite them to the middle of shattrat, other ones usually are already at 20-30% when i get to the gates :\

How hard they hit?
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
bsick
Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:37 pm
i two manned it with a fury war...

thats close lol
_________________
Eender
Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 pm
They usually hit for 900 each on about 19.5k armor
_________________


____________________________________

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
bedawson
Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:43 am

DONE!

well I did it..didn't quite get him to a'dal though Sad but i'll try a different path next time. It was fun. Smile BTW the damage meter was from a ZA run, not the fel reaver walk.


tofino
Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:49 pm

_________________
Tofi, 70 BE Paladin, Whisperwind
Pizbit
Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:05 am
Damned mage nuked about 40% off him else I'd have gotten him a lot further. You can see me being unpolite to him. He keept DPSing after I told him to stop in a whisper and "just tyring to help"!
Totally unplanned and suprior kite and my first time.
Had to use LoH due to getting distracted and the fel reaver catching me in his ground pound with about 4 adds on me.
Devo aura+RF+mad alchemist pot buffs. DUsed BoP and Divine SHield to heal.
As per my post 2 pages ago ish I used my own suggestion and made a macro for rank 1 HS to say what you see in the chat log.

_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Garethmardor
Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:10 am
After going through seven pages of this, I just had to try it - and here's the results.



The first was a trial run, spent most of my time under 35% health. And this was a trial run for ...



Didn't quite make it to Al'ar, people just didn't believe me when I was saying that I'm taking my Fel Reaver walkies and not to assist. But at least it was in the doorway. Second attempt was much smoother than the first one, JoL / BoL kept me going well. 503 BV, Holy Shield level 1. This was excellent fun, thanks for all the tips in the seven pages.