Skip to content
Maintankadin

Elixers/flasks what ones to use

Hanadra
Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:21 am

Elixers/flasks what ones to use

I don't know where this goes or if it already has been created but here goes.

I use Adept's elixers and elixers of major fort when I'm tanking ZA. I was wondering for 25's should I use a flask of fort or a flask of blinding light or stick to my current setup?
Arcand
Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:34 am
When you die, is it because you get beat down?

If so, Fortification.

Is it because your DPS are threat-capped so the fight goes on and on until healers go OOM or you hit an enrage timer?

Blinding Light.

Healers go OOM but DPS aren't threat-capped?

This one you have the least control over, but you can help a little bit by getting agility elixirs and stuff that cuts your incoming damage.
_________________
Level: 79.05 - Still wearing: Crystalforge Faceguard, Slikk's Cloak, Dabiri's Enigma, Adamantine Figurine, Libram of Crapentance
Kaydee
Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:08 am
I always use Adepts Elixir and Major Fortitude, unless its a boss fight where i would use Flask of Fortification / Binding Light - Depending on what boss it is.
_________________
Kaidee - 70HumanPaladin | My WoW
Guillex
Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:25 am
Progression = Flask of Fortitude/Flask of Blinding Light

Farming = One good guardian and one good battle elixir.
_________________
Póg mo thóin

fuzzygeek
Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:29 am
I have to admit that I've taken to just using a Fort flask lately, and I don't take it until we start hitting stuff that isn't lolfarm. I'm a defense/avoidance junky, so my bias is to stacking a lot of defense.

But Arcand's decision tree is probably most correct.
_________________
Seloei
Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:23 pm
yes it would, but the mats to make those are a bit more and rarer (old world not outland farm ones).
_________________
Seipoc
Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:01 pm
just scan the AH for them, pretty cheap, they are like 95s a pop on my server
_________________
Thread killer