Skip to content
Maintankadin

Solo the Headless Horseman

Sarutankah
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Solo the Headless Horseman

So yeah - it is my goal to solo this bastard, got him to 3% in last phase before I was out of cooldowns and the pumpkins got me.
Just gutted with the nerf to judgement and seal of light but then it would have been too easy I guess.
Used a 2hander and went in unbuffed so maybe with a +crit and agility battle elixir food and some class buffs I can do it.

I did try today in ret with my tank gear on and it was fail, not enough ap to heal effectively and lost a lot of crit.

I may also try the glyph of flash of light to have a constant hot up on me as well as seal/judgement of light.

As for damage - even post nerf he drops quite fast just the pumpkins at the end tip the scales against me.

I must say though - there is nothing like Seeing too many horde coming in a bg and clicking the helm then summoning the pumpkins and charging in Very Happy
_________________
loladine
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:38 pm
you can solo him as prot easily if u have gd gear i did it several times :p
just block everything :p the adds are easy mode to kill just wait for them to spawn and use AS and awesome holy wrath to stun them and they die easily

no mount thou /cry
Sarutankah
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:40 pm
But that would be easy.

Shields are for wusses Razz
_________________
loladine
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:44 pm
if i cud i would use a wall as my shield!
Xerian
Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:58 am
Any chance that someone can put up a guide on how to do it?
_________________
Andryana
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:40 pm
If i remember correctly he hits for like 800? with the cleave doing roughly 1.1k, so it's easy now to stack some BV to totally negate his damage and JoL will heal through any cleaves.. just might take some time taking him down i guess.
_________________
Sarutankah
Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:29 pm
Yeah - the tactic as ret is pretty damn frantic.


Judge/seal light and instant flash when it's up, the more that it crits the easier it is.

The only thing as ret is that you do get crit if you aren't in mass resil gear so pvp gear is good for this, 5 points in parry is good (I don't understand why anyone would go the other option :S) and some of the things I found...

Save bubble for pumpkins if they pop, the fight is pretty quick in comparison to something like Onyxia and I manage about 1kdps not using command, stay out of range of whirlwind while dps head, I just used judgements.

Is he immune to the proc off Deathfrost? would make it easier.


My gear is as it is in armory - some s2 with the dps shoulders and chest from H magt... and a leather belt.


Oh - the other way to make it a tad easier....


Have another account with a level 43 priest on it Razz Renew with the new glyph is quite good.
_________________
solieu
Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:28 am
My gear isn't all what you'd call amazing, just early tier 6 stuff. 800 block value.

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to down HH depending on which method I use.

Before I forget, I'm doing this as Prot.

Either I:

Focus on longevity and survival, making sure that I have full health and mana to burn down the head the moment it appears. I just judge wisdom, and alternate between Light and Wisdom seals. I keep holy shield up, but past that I don't care too much about things like consecrate or avengers shield.
At 5% I switch to righteousness, pop wings, and use hammer of wrath to make the head appear. Avenger's Shield, Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous, and sometimes a consecrate depending on whether there's enough room for the head to move too far.

or

Focus on speed, trying to get the HH down to about 10% as quick as I can, switch to wisdom to get about.. 30% mana, enough to use all my bursts.

What I suggest doing is relying on Blessing of Sanctuary + Holy Shield and either pulling the ghosts for mana regen, or luckily rely on the pumpkins during the final horseman phase for mana regen.

If health gets low, it's easy enough to either go into concentration aura and do a few Holy Lights, or just grab more mobs (Holy Wrath the pumpkins to make them deal less damage during this stint) and rely on Hammer of the Righteous and Seal of Light to heal you.

I figure the time investment is better than being called to help a group of people only to find out only you and maybe one other person had a summons to provide.

Solieu hates mooches.
BubbaBill
Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:59 am
Another helpfull hint as prot. Don't clear the trash use them as mana batteries. The bonus mana from BoSanc from pulling trash into the fight makes it so you barely need to seal Wisdom. Just keep 4-5 trash mobs beating on you. They do no damage and give plenty of mana. Soloing isn't hard. Duoing though is a problem if the other person can't heal themselves. Tried it me and a mage the other day. Mage died about halfway through to AoE damage.

I'm in Kara/Badge gear. I was taking modest damage till about AD range then the damage in pretty well balanced with the SoLight procs. If you start to get worried grab a BUNCH of trash. Pop Figurine trinket wait 30 seconds so that the blocks fill you up a good bit then Wings/AW should clear out all those adds and keep going.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=arathor&n=bubbabill
gummyrabbit
Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:57 am
Anyone try to two-box him? My pally has ~16k HP/18k armor unbuffed. I have a T6 holy priest on my other box. I wonder what strat I should use.